Re: Can I disable Webalizer on a site? Frontpage Probs.

  • uk2@themonkees.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
      I'm using a Linux server, permissions different. It won't create a
      subweb for me d/t "the server can't change
      permissions...blah.blah.blah note I get when I try to convert. If I
      create a subweb called ~stats, can I move the files from my default
      stats folder to the new one, & do you think stats will still work,
      or will I get error messages? Just wondering.

      Thanks again...Phil

    • jared_at_prime@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
        Making it a sub web is not going to help the situation, because
        everytime webalizer runs, it generates the reports as the root user
        or a user that you are not, which is why you are getting these errors.
        You should contact the system administrator of the server that you
        are on and have them make the following entry for your stats
        directory:
        chown -Rf username.usergroup /path/to/your/stats/*
        They should also make sure that the directory that the reports are
        being written to is owned by you.
        The entry that I make at my company for any stats program that is
        generating reports for a site that is utilizing Front Page, is the
        following:
        /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /path/to/your/configuration.file
        chown -Rf username.usergroup /path/to/your/stats/*
        The first line will generate your stats, then the second line will
        change the ownership on the reports that are generated. This will
        solve your issues with publishing via frontpage.

      • jared_at_prime@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001