IIS logfiles and convlog

  • Alex DANVY
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 29, 2000

      Under W2K, I use convlog.exe to convert wc3 logfiles to ncsa (the
      unique format managed by Webalizer I think) but the new generated
      file has less informations that the original one. I lose at least the
      browser type.

      Does anyone has a solution or another converter ?

      Alex
    • Eugene van der Merwe
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 29, 2000
        Yes this is an annoying problem, because referrer is also lost, and referrer
        is most usefull data.

        Webalizer for NT: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/
      • dav-info@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
          Hi everybody,

          Under Windows NT 4.0 (german language), I use convlog.exe to convert
          extended logfiles to ncsa format.
          In September everything works fine, since October now, my batches do
          not work anymore.
          The reason is a german abbreviation of months i.e. "Okt" for "Oct" in
          date-output-string. I've tested several US versions of convlog and
          changed the country profile in NT to english - but convlog doesn't
          change its output.

          nybody an Idea or do I have to ask Bill?

          Regards
          Arno Garrels
        • Alex DANVY
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
            The best would be than webalyser or an associated tool convert the logs.
            Today "conlog.exe" is really not a good solution as it looses informations
            such as broswer info during the convertion.
            If someone have infos (URL, TXT, DOC) about different log formats, I am
            ready to make a converter.

            Alex

            > Under Windows NT 4.0 (german language), I use convlog.exe to convert
            > extended logfiles to ncsa format.
            > In September everything works fine, since October now, my batches do
            > not work anymore.
            > The reason is a german abbreviation of months i.e. "Okt" for "Oct" in
            > date-output-string. I've tested several US versions of convlog and
            > changed the country profile in NT to english - but convlog doesn't
            > change its output.
            >
            > nybody an Idea or do I have to ask Bill?
            >
            > Regards
            > Arno Garrels

            > Webalizer for NT: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/

          • Klaus Mueller
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
              > The best would be than webalyser or an associated tool
              > convert the logs.
              > Today "conlog.exe" is really not a good solution as it looses
              > informations
              > such as broswer info during the convertion.
              > If someone have infos (URL, TXT, DOC) about different log
              > formats, I am
              > ready to make a converter.

              Can you take the sources from webalizer and adapter a parser?

              Klaus
            • Alex DANVY
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
                Well I am sorry but I only code in Delphi.
                So it will be win32 app but it not so important as only M$ IIS can't make
                logs as we need !

                Alex

              • jnhayart@nordnet.fr
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 9, 2000
                  i try to write parser directly in Webalizer for my need and perhaps
                  this can help you ...

                  http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

                  this version 2.01.05 with somes new functions like read directly a
                  folder or change extension of log file after process it, can work on
                  a lot of web site.
                  thank to klaus for first code,

                  regards

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 10, 2000
                    Does it work with both IIS logs and WC3 logs ?
                    WC3 logs are the default for IIS 5 I think.

                    Alex

                    > i try to write parser directly in Webalizer for my need and perhaps
                    > this can help you ...
                    >
                    > http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
                    >
                    > this version 2.01.05 with somes new functions like read directly a
                    > folder or change extension of log file after process it, can work on
                    > a lot of web site.
                    > thank to klaus for first code,
                    >
                    > regards
                    >

                    > --- In webalizer@egroups.com, "Alex DANVY" <alex-dan@e...> wrote:
                    > > Well I am sorry but I only code in Delphi.
                    > > So it will be win32 app but it not so important as only M$ IIS
                    > can't make
                    > > logs as we need !
                    > >
                    > > Alex

                  • HAYART Jean Noel
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 10, 2000
                      for moment it works only with W3C file (in IIS4.0 or 5.0)
                      cause i can't find in all my paper description of default log for IIS4.0
                      if you can send me i can include it ...

                      Thanks