what's wrong with my CRONTAB?

  • robinson_chenyong@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2001
      can anyone help me ?
      I cannot use my crontab to do anything,it seems out of work.
      it doesn't work !
      what's the problem?

      Thanks!!!
    • Sentient Organism
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
        In message <9u59l8+7m1j@...>, robinson_chenyong@... writes:
        | can anyone help me ?
        | I cannot use my crontab to do anything,it seems out of work.
        | it doesn't work !
        | what's the problem?

        What operating system are you using? If Linux or FreeBSD or similar, does

        ps aux|grep [c]ron

        produce any output? If Solaris, does

        ps -eaf|grep [c]ron

        produce any output? I.e. is the daemon running? If you crontab -e and add

        * * * * * /bin/echo foo

        does your inbox suddenly starting filling up with email from cron?

        Later,
        David