reports older than 12 months

  • acpadhi@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 23, 2001
      Hi Everyone,

      Can anyone say if it is possible to generate reports from a
      access_log file which has entries older then last 12 months.

      I have tried everything and all it does it is generate reports till
      last 12 months only.

      Am i missing something ? I have a very large log file which has
      entries since last two years. Can anyone help me in resolving this
      problem ?

      Regards,

      Anand Padhi
    • xerkos
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 9, 2002
        --- In webalizer@y..., acpadhi@y... wrote:
        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > Can anyone say if it is possible to generate reports from a
        > access_log file which has entries older then last 12 months.
        >
        > I have tried everything and all it does it is generate reports till
        > last 12 months only.
        >
        > Am i missing something ? I have a very large log file which has
        > entries since last two years. Can anyone help me in resolving this
        > problem ?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Anand Padhi
      • xerkos
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 9, 2002
          Sorry for empty messages. I made a mistake.

          So I 've got the same question. How can I get stats history on 13
          month or more.
          Where can I configure this ? configuration file ? source code ?

          Thanks
          Christophe

          > --- In webalizer@y..., acpadhi@y... wrote:
          > > Hi Everyone,
          > >
          > > Can anyone say if it is possible to generate reports from a
          > > access_log file which has entries older then last 12 months.
          > >
          > > I have tried everything and all it does it is generate reports
          till
          > > last 12 months only.
          > >
          > > Am i missing something ? I have a very large log file which has
          > > entries since last two years. Can anyone help me in resolving
          this
          > > problem ?
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > >
          > > Anand Padhi
        • Peter Meintjes
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 11, 2002
            Hi Christophe

            I have the same problem!

            If you find a solution will you let me know?

            Thanks very much.

            Regards
            Pete
            Afrihost Support
            T: +27 (0) 11 485 5045
            F: +27 (0) 11 640 2805
            Sorry for empty messages. I made a mistake.

            So I 've got the same question. How can I get stats history on 13
            month or more.
            Where can I configure this ? configuration file ? source code ?

            Thanks
            Christophe

            > --- In webalizer@y..., acpadhi@y... wrote:
            > > Hi Everyone,
            > >
            > > Can anyone say if it is possible to generate reports from a
            > > access_log file which has entries older then last 12 months.
            > >
            > > I have tried everything and all it does it is generate reports
            till
            > > last 12 months only.
            > >
            > > Am i missing something ? I have a very large log file which has
            > > entries since last two years. Can anyone help me in resolving
            this
            > > problem ?
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > Anand Padhi

          • samo_i
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 11, 2002
              Hi, Pete/Christophe

              I'm also awaiting a solution to this. Pls keep me in the loop.

              Best Regards,
              Samo
              --- In webalizer@y..., "Peter Meintjes" <peter@a...> wrote:
              > Hi Christophe
              >
              > I have the same problem!
              >
              > If you find a solution will you let me know?
              >
              > Thanks very much.
              >
              > Regards
              > Pete
              > Afrihost Support
              > T: +27 (0) 11 485 5045
              > F: +27 (0) 11 640 2805

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Alejandro Fernandez
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 12, 2002
                I'd have to have the logfile myself so I could tinker with it, and know exactly what to tell you... But it strikes me that webalizer probably doesn't have the facility to keep track of more than a year's worth of stats per logfile.

                There can be workarounds though: I'd first try splitting the logfile in half and running webalizer on the parts that are older than 2 years ago. If they still don't show up, you could try changing the system time on your computer (if you think this is dangerous for your particular system, then it probably is: do it on another computer).

                Hope that's helpful,

                Ale

                Electronic Group Interactive
                --+34-65-232-8086--
              • Vinai Kopp
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 13, 2002
                  Hi,

                  I don't know if this is enough for you, but the statistics older than 12
                  months don't get overwritten.
                  I can still access jan 1999 by going to
                  http://my.loghost.xx/webalizer/usage_199901.html

                  It just doesn't show up in the summary on the entry page any more.

                  Greetings,

                  Vinai

                  --On Dienstag, März 12, 2002 03:47:42 +0000 samo_i <samo_i@...> wrote:

                  > Hi, Pete/Christophe
                  >
                  > I'm also awaiting a solution to this. Pls keep me in the loop.
                  >
                  > Best Regards,
                  > Samo
                  > --- In webalizer@y..., "Peter Meintjes" <peter@a...> wrote:
                  >> Hi Christophe
                  >>
                  >> I have the same problem!
                  >>
                  >> If you find a solution will you let me know?
                  >>
                  >> Thanks very much.
                  >>
                  >> Regards
                  >> Pete

                • Vinai Kopp
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 15, 2002
                    Yea, I agree - it would be really cool to have that as a configurable value.

                    --On Freitag, März 15, 2002 01:24:37 -0800 "A.P Kwee" <samo_i@...>