Re: [webalizer] strange spike in current day graphic

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2001
      > I am seeing a really huge spike in the last day of the month in the
      > daily graphic.
      [...]
      > Maybe it is some interaction with history and incremental. These are
      > humungous logfiles that I have never bothered rolling over. Disk space
      > is cheap and the sites aren't visited all that much. Here is the config
      > file (minus the comments).

      First off, if you don't rotate you logs more than once a month...
      DO NOT use incremental mode, that is not what it's for.

      > FoldSeqErr yes

      Secondly, change the above to 'no'.. FoldSeqErr should not be used
      except under vary rare circumstances, and in the current code, there
      is a built in 'slop factor' that allows your log records to be up
      to an hour out of sequence without problems, so the above is not
      really useful any more.

      > Has anyone seen this before? It's as if all the lines that
      > somehow failed to be parsed were dumped in the last day processed.

      That's what FoldSeqErr does :(

      It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship
      god, but to create him. -- Arthur C. Clarke