Re: [webalizer] webalizer and multiples domains

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14 11:39 AM
      > Hi, I am new with all this stuff and I have some questions. I use The
      > Apache web Server under Linux, and I have multiples domains in it. I
      > want to get stadistics from my domains, but not from all together, I
      > want to know how many visits recive each domain. How could I do this?.
      > It's possible with webalizer?

      It is recommended to have each virtual host produce it's own log file.
      If you don't, then you will have to manually split out the records
      into seperate files and process each individually.

      Additionally, with individual logs, it's extremely easy to automate
      the processing of each vhost.. the easiest method is to create a
      directory to put your configuration files in (I use /etc/webaliezr).
      Create a config file for each virtual host, containing at least the
      hostname, output directory and log file location.. you probably want
      to add other stuff, but it's not required. Once you have it setup,
      you can run them all with a single command, such as:

      for i in /etc/webalizer/*.conf; do webalizer -c $i; done

      All you need to do to add a new vhost is to drop a new configuration
      file in the directory and it will be automatically picked up the
      next time the command is run (typically from cron). And of course,
      the creation of the configuration files can be easily scripted so
      it will prompt you for the required information and fill in the
      default stuff. YMMV.

      He that always gives way to others will end in having no
      principles of his own -- Aesop