Re: [webalizer] webalizer and multiples domains

  • mntnweb@clarityconnect.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
      Hi: There is a new program that just came out that will split seperate
      Domains from one single accesslog file. I use it for my OMni WWW server. It
      runs on the windows based operating system. Basically there is a seperate
      text file called domains. You enter all the domains of your websites in the
      text file and then run the parser. It then splits out all the seperate
      domains, and writes them all to seperate files. You can get it from my
      website at http://mntnweb.com/software.htm
      It is called OmniLogParser. The authors email is
      jeanr@...
      I dont believe he has versions for any other operating systems at this time.
      -Kerry

      At 04:07 PM 11/14/01 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hi, I am new with all this stuff and I have some questions. I use The
      >Apache web Server under Linux, and I have multiples domains in it. I
      >want to get stadistics from my domains, but not from all together, I
      >want to know how many visits recive each domain. How could I do this?.
      >It's possible with webalizer?
      >
      > Thanks in Advance, and sorry about my English,

      >Webalizer homepage: http://www.webalizer.org
      >Webalizer for NT: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

      Sincerely
      Kerry
      Admin@...
      WWW server hosting Http://mntnweb.com
      Kerry Barlow
      p.o. box 21
      kirkwood ny
      13795
      607-775-1132
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
        > Hi, I am new with all this stuff and I have some questions. I use The
        > Apache web Server under Linux, and I have multiples domains in it. I
        > want to get stadistics from my domains, but not from all together, I
        > want to know how many visits recive each domain. How could I do this?.
        > It's possible with webalizer?

        It is recommended to have each virtual host produce it's own log file.
        If you don't, then you will have to manually split out the records
        into seperate files and process each individually.

        Additionally, with individual logs, it's extremely easy to automate
        the processing of each vhost.. the easiest method is to create a
        directory to put your configuration files in (I use /etc/webaliezr).
        Create a config file for each virtual host, containing at least the
        hostname, output directory and log file location.. you probably want
        to add other stuff, but it's not required. Once you have it setup,
        you can run them all with a single command, such as:

        for i in /etc/webalizer/*.conf; do webalizer -c $i; done

        All you need to do to add a new vhost is to drop a new configuration
        file in the directory and it will be automatically picked up the
        next time the command is run (typically from cron). And of course,
        the creation of the configuration files can be easily scripted so
        it will prompt you for the required information and fill in the
        default stuff. YMMV.

        He that always gives way to others will end in having no
        principles of his own -- Aesop