Re: [webalizer] Oct 4th Bug

  • mntnweb@clarityconnect.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 14, 2001
      Mark: My solution was to install version 2 of webalizer I use the NT
      operating system
      MY weblogs work again now.

      At 04:56 PM 11/14/01 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hi all,
      >
      >Help!
      >
      >Just joined this group and been reading back over the Oct 4th bug.
      >
      >Can anyone tell me what THE answer is here. There seem to be a few
      >suggestions but nothing seems clear. Maybe I'm missing
      >something...please don't say 'read back throu the postings':-)
      >
      >Mark

      >Webalizer homepage: http://www.webalizer.org
      >Webalizer for NT: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

      Sincerely
      Kerry
      Admin@...
      WWW server hosting Http://mntnweb.com
      Kerry Barlow
      p.o. box 21
      kirkwood ny
      13795
      607-775-1132
    • Rachel Andrew
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 15, 2001
        --- In webalizer@y..., mntnweb@c... wrote:
        > Mark: My solution was to install version 2 of webalizer I use the NT
        > operating system
        > MY weblogs work again now.

        I haven't found a binary win32 version 2 - I was using a version 2
        beta binary that was hit by the bug, are there any newer versions out?

        Rachel
      • mark@syntech-sw.co.uk
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 15, 2001
          Cheers Kerry,

          Thanks - sorted!

          I'm using a Cobalt RAQ3 and got the update from
          http://cobalt-aid.sourceforge.net/files/Features/Intel/Webalizer2.pkg

          This site gave a warning that "if you don't install on the 1st of the
          month it trashes your logs" - however it didn't!

          I forced an immediate update and all seems fine now (after I
          discovered that the stats had moved to ../users/stats...

          Cheers, happy bunny now

          Mark

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 15, 2001
            mark: Thank Jean of frogware, he wrote the program :)
            I am glad it worked for you. I was a beta tester for him.
            -kerry

          • kideng@kidengineer.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 15, 2001
              > At 05:40 PM 11/15/01 -0000, you wrote:
              > >Cheers Kerry,
              > >
              > >Thanks - sorted!
              > >
              > >I'm using a Cobalt RAQ3 and got the update from
              > >http://cobalt-
              aid.sourceforge.net/files/Features/Intel/Webalizer2.pkg

              Erm, what opens .pkg files?