Oct 4th Bug

  • mark@syntech-sw.co.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 14, 2001
      Hi all,

      Help!

      Just joined this group and been reading back over the Oct 4th bug.

      Can anyone tell me what THE answer is here. There seem to be a few
      suggestions but nothing seems clear. Maybe I'm missing
      something...please don't say 'read back throu the postings':-)

      Mark
    • mntnweb@clarityconnect.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2001
        Mark: My solution was to install version 2 of webalizer I use the NT
        operating system
        MY weblogs work again now.

        At 04:56 PM 11/14/01 -0000, you wrote:
        >Hi all,
        >
        >Help!
        >
        >Just joined this group and been reading back over the Oct 4th bug.
        >
        >Can anyone tell me what THE answer is here. There seem to be a few
        >suggestions but nothing seems clear. Maybe I'm missing
        >something...please don't say 'read back throu the postings':-)
        >
        >Mark

        >Webalizer homepage: http://www.webalizer.org
        >Webalizer for NT: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

        Sincerely
        Kerry
        Admin@...
        WWW server hosting Http://mntnweb.com
        Kerry Barlow
        p.o. box 21
        kirkwood ny
        13795
        607-775-1132
      • Rachel Andrew
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 15, 2001
          --- In webalizer@y..., mntnweb@c... wrote:
          > Mark: My solution was to install version 2 of webalizer I use the NT
          > operating system
          > MY weblogs work again now.

          I haven't found a binary win32 version 2 - I was using a version 2
          beta binary that was hit by the bug, are there any newer versions out?

          Rachel
        • mark@syntech-sw.co.uk
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 15, 2001
            Cheers Kerry,

            Thanks - sorted!

            I'm using a Cobalt RAQ3 and got the update from
            http://cobalt-aid.sourceforge.net/files/Features/Intel/Webalizer2.pkg

            This site gave a warning that "if you don't install on the 1st of the
            month it trashes your logs" - however it didn't!

            I forced an immediate update and all seems fine now (after I
            discovered that the stats had moved to ../users/stats...

            Cheers, happy bunny now

            Mark

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 15, 2001
              mark: Thank Jean of frogware, he wrote the program :)
              I am glad it worked for you. I was a beta tester for him.
              -kerry

            • kideng@kidengineer.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 15, 2001
                > At 05:40 PM 11/15/01 -0000, you wrote:
                > >Cheers Kerry,
                > >
                > >Thanks - sorted!
                > >
                > >I'm using a Cobalt RAQ3 and got the update from
                > >http://cobalt-
                aid.sourceforge.net/files/Features/Intel/Webalizer2.pkg

                Erm, what opens .pkg files?