webalizer and multiples domains

  • sorribas@csnet.es
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
      Hi, I am new with all this stuff and I have some questions. I use The
      Apache web Server under Linux, and I have multiples domains in it. I
      want to get stadistics from my domains, but not from all together, I
      want to know how many visits recive each domain. How could I do this?.
      It's possible with webalizer?

      Thanks in Advance, and sorry about my English,
    • mntnweb@clarityconnect.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
        Hi: There is a new program that just came out that will split seperate
        Domains from one single accesslog file. I use it for my OMni WWW server. It
        runs on the windows based operating system. Basically there is a seperate
        text file called domains. You enter all the domains of your websites in the
        text file and then run the parser. It then splits out all the seperate
        domains, and writes them all to seperate files. You can get it from my
        website at http://mntnweb.com/software.htm
        It is called OmniLogParser. The authors email is
        jeanr@...
        I dont believe he has versions for any other operating systems at this time.
        -Kerry

        At 04:07 PM 11/14/01 -0000, you wrote:
        >Hi, I am new with all this stuff and I have some questions. I use The
        >Apache web Server under Linux, and I have multiples domains in it. I
        >want to get stadistics from my domains, but not from all together, I
        >want to know how many visits recive each domain. How could I do this?.
        >It's possible with webalizer?
        >
        > Thanks in Advance, and sorry about my English,

        >Webalizer homepage: http://www.webalizer.org
        >Webalizer for NT: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

        Sincerely
        Kerry
        Admin@...
        WWW server hosting Http://mntnweb.com
        Kerry Barlow
        p.o. box 21
        kirkwood ny
        13795
        607-775-1132
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
          > Hi, I am new with all this stuff and I have some questions. I use The
          > Apache web Server under Linux, and I have multiples domains in it. I
          > want to get stadistics from my domains, but not from all together, I
          > want to know how many visits recive each domain. How could I do this?.
          > It's possible with webalizer?

          It is recommended to have each virtual host produce it's own log file.
          If you don't, then you will have to manually split out the records
          into seperate files and process each individually.

          Additionally, with individual logs, it's extremely easy to automate
          the processing of each vhost.. the easiest method is to create a
          directory to put your configuration files in (I use /etc/webaliezr).
          Create a config file for each virtual host, containing at least the
          hostname, output directory and log file location.. you probably want
          to add other stuff, but it's not required. Once you have it setup,
          you can run them all with a single command, such as:

          for i in /etc/webalizer/*.conf; do webalizer -c $i; done

          All you need to do to add a new vhost is to drop a new configuration
          file in the directory and it will be automatically picked up the
          next time the command is run (typically from cron). And of course,
          the creation of the configuration files can be easily scripted so
          it will prompt you for the required information and fill in the
          default stuff. YMMV.

          He that always gives way to others will end in having no
          principles of his own -- Aesop