RE: [webalizer] rotating logs

  • Jorge Santos
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2001
      You have to come up with a script that reads the contents of the logs dir
      and webalizes each file at a time, i.e. a loop that calls webalizer giving
      as input parameter the file name

      \_/ Jorge Alexandre Santos
      'v' jorgesantos@...
      // \\ Tel : 212327300
      /( )\ Fax : 212327301
      ^`~´^ Valnet Sado S.A.

    • kideng@kidengineer.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
        --- In webalizer@y..., jxk@n... wrote:
        > I'm running webalizer 2.0.1 and rotating my log files using the
        > RotateLogs directive in my httpd.conf file. This creates several
        log
        > files with name access_log.(timestamp). Do I need to run webalizer
        > for each file or is there a way to run it once that looks at all
        the
        > log files?
        >
        > I do have "Incremental yes" in my webalizer.conf file, and I
        > tried "LogFile access_log*" but that was unpopular with webalizer.
        > can't see any way to do this without using a script that runs
        > webalizer for each access_log file.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Jim

        Well, a quick way to do this is to put a
        "cat access_log* > bigasslog" in your crontab and then have
        "LogFile bigasslog" in your conf.

        Jerry