Re: Problem with Incremental Update also

  • jic_99@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
      Nick,

      I am positive that when I removed webalizer.current /
      webalizer.history it fixed it. I have a crontab setup so that each
      domain only has 1 log and when the log is analyzed it is tarred up
      into a larger .tar file with all of the old logs in it.

      JC

      --- In webalizer@y..., "Nick Heinemans" <spam@h...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > Are you sure the problem will be fixed if you remove
      webalizer.history? I
      > experienced this kind of problem on a win2k IIS webserver, and it
      turned out
      > webalizer cannot analyze more than 250 log files in one directory.
      I'm not
      > sure if it's the same for the *nix flavours of webalizer, but it
      could be
      > the case.
      >
      > I solved my problem by merging the older logfiles into one logfile.
      This
      > decreased the number of files, so solved the problem. I already had
      cygwin
      > installed, so I could easily do a "cat log1.log >> biglog.log" "cat
      log2.log
      > >> biglog.log".
      >
      > Nick

      Service.
    • Hilario Ortigosa Monteoliva
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
        On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 07:09:35AM -0000, jic_99@... wrote:

        > I am having the exact replica of Carey's problem described in the
        > post before me. (Different servers of course). We have the exact same
        > setup (same for over 1 yr) and it died on the 4th of october. Why?
        > and what is the fix? I know if I remove the webalizer.history it is
        > fixed but i dont want to loose all of my prior data.

        I have the same problem, and perhaps it is in the date
        itself. I have tried to start the data from 1st of october, and the problem
        persists.

        I'm using version 1.3x. Anybody knows a bug with specific dates ?

        --
        ? quieres saber qui es el geek code ? http://www.geekcode.com
      • Carsten Gehling
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
          I haven't had the problem, Webalizer has run fine the past week. I'm using
          it on a Win2k server with IIS logs, so maybe it's a "platform-local"
          problem?

          - Carsten

          > > I am having the exact replica of Carey's problem described in the
          > > post before me. (Different servers of course). We have the exact same
          > > setup (same for over 1 yr) and it died on the 4th of october. Why?
          > > and what is the fix? I know if I remove the webalizer.history it is
          > > fixed but i dont want to loose all of my prior data.
          >
          > I have the same problem, and perhaps it is in the date
          > itself. I have tried to start the data from 1st of october, and the
          problem
          > persists.
          >

          > I'm using version 1.3x. Anybody knows a bug with specific dates ?
          >
          > --
          > ? quieres saber qui es el geek code ? http://www.geekcode.com

        • Shiann-Liang Chern
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
            I have the same problem, too. According to run time message, all data after
            Oct. 4 are not processed. The screen says 17538 records (21378 ignored) in
            5.0 seconds....
            However, if I process data after Oct. 4 dedicatedly, it works normally. Ot
            just cannot accept log file containing data before Oct. 4 and after. Why?
            Weird!

            Shiann-Liang Chern

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
              I am running 2.01 and I have the problem. I have also searched
              for 'webalizer' on google and found that all of the systems that came
              up have the exact same prob.

              Webalizer V2.00-12 (FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE) English

              --- In webalizer@y..., "Jean-Noel HAYART" <jnhayart@n...> wrote:
              > hello
              >
              > I make some work on webalizer,
              > i'm shure there is bug on kernel 1.3 of webalizer, somes systems
              have this
              > trouble but in new release, i think all work fine.
              >
              > check version of webalizer, and upgrade if you can to 2.XX version
              >
              > good luck to all
              > regards

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Jean-Noel HAYART

                > I am having the exact replica of Carey's problem described in the
                > post before me. (Different servers of course). We have the exact same
                > setup (same for over 1 yr) and it died on the 4th of october. Why?
                > and what is the fix? I know if I remove the webalizer.history it is
                > fixed but i dont want to loose all of my prior data.

                I have the same problem, and perhaps it is in the date
                itself. I have tried to start the data from 1st of october, and the problem
                persists.

                I'm using version 1.3x. Anybody knows a bug with specific dates ?

                --
                ? quieres saber qui es el geek code ? http://www.geekcode.com

              • Lars Klein
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
                  Jean-Noel HAYART wrote:
                  > I make some work on webalizer,
                  > i'm shure there is bug on kernel 1.3 of webalizer, somes systems have this
                  > trouble but in new release, i think all work fine.
                  >
                  > check version of webalizer, and upgrade if you can to 2.XX version

                  I´m using V2.00 Windows Version for more than a year - I´ve got the same
                  Probs with logs after 4th of Oct.

                  :-(

                  Bye Lars