Problem with Incremental Update also

  • jic_99@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
      I am having the exact replica of Carey's problem described in the
      post before me. (Different servers of course). We have the exact same
      setup (same for over 1 yr) and it died on the 4th of october. Why?
      and what is the fix? I know if I remove the webalizer.history it is
      fixed but i dont want to loose all of my prior data.

      Thanks!

      James R. Clark II
      Nethosters, Inc.
      http://www.nethosters.com
    • Nick Heinemans
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
        Hi all,

        Are you sure the problem will be fixed if you remove webalizer.history? I experienced this kind of problem on a win2k IIS webserver, and it turned out webalizer cannot analyze more than 250 log files in one directory. I'm not sure if it's the same for the *nix flavours of webalizer, but it could be the case.

        I solved my problem by merging the older logfiles into one logfile. This decreased the number of files, so solved the problem. I already had cygwin installed, so I could easily do a "cat log1.log >> biglog.log" "cat log2.log >> biglog.log".

        Nick

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
          Nick,

          I am positive that when I removed webalizer.current /
          webalizer.history it fixed it. I have a crontab setup so that each
          domain only has 1 log and when the log is analyzed it is tarred up
          into a larger .tar file with all of the old logs in it.

          JC

          --- In webalizer@y..., "Nick Heinemans" <spam@h...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > Are you sure the problem will be fixed if you remove
          webalizer.history? I
          > experienced this kind of problem on a win2k IIS webserver, and it
          turned out
          > webalizer cannot analyze more than 250 log files in one directory.
          I'm not
          > sure if it's the same for the *nix flavours of webalizer, but it
          could be
          > the case.
          >
          > I solved my problem by merging the older logfiles into one logfile.
          This
          > decreased the number of files, so solved the problem. I already had
          cygwin
          > installed, so I could easily do a "cat log1.log >> biglog.log" "cat
          log2.log
          > >> biglog.log".
          >
          > Nick

          Service.
        • Hilario Ortigosa Monteoliva
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
            On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 07:09:35AM -0000, jic_99@... wrote:

            > I am having the exact replica of Carey's problem described in the
            > post before me. (Different servers of course). We have the exact same
            > setup (same for over 1 yr) and it died on the 4th of october. Why?
            > and what is the fix? I know if I remove the webalizer.history it is
            > fixed but i dont want to loose all of my prior data.

            I have the same problem, and perhaps it is in the date
            itself. I have tried to start the data from 1st of october, and the problem
            persists.

            I'm using version 1.3x. Anybody knows a bug with specific dates ?

            --
            ? quieres saber qui es el geek code ? http://www.geekcode.com
          • Carsten Gehling
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
              I haven't had the problem, Webalizer has run fine the past week. I'm using
              it on a Win2k server with IIS logs, so maybe it's a "platform-local"
              problem?

              - Carsten

              > > I am having the exact replica of Carey's problem described in the
              > > post before me. (Different servers of course). We have the exact same
              > > setup (same for over 1 yr) and it died on the 4th of october. Why?
              > > and what is the fix? I know if I remove the webalizer.history it is
              > > fixed but i dont want to loose all of my prior data.
              >
              > I have the same problem, and perhaps it is in the date
              > itself. I have tried to start the data from 1st of october, and the
              problem
              > persists.
              >

              > I'm using version 1.3x. Anybody knows a bug with specific dates ?
              >
              > --
              > ? quieres saber qui es el geek code ? http://www.geekcode.com

            • Shiann-Liang Chern
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
                I have the same problem, too. According to run time message, all data after
                Oct. 4 are not processed. The screen says 17538 records (21378 ignored) in
                5.0 seconds....
                However, if I process data after Oct. 4 dedicatedly, it works normally. Ot
                just cannot accept log file containing data before Oct. 4 and after. Why?
                Weird!

                Shiann-Liang Chern

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
                  I am running 2.01 and I have the problem. I have also searched
                  for 'webalizer' on google and found that all of the systems that came
                  up have the exact same prob.

                  Webalizer V2.00-12 (FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE) English

                  --- In webalizer@y..., "Jean-Noel HAYART" <jnhayart@n...> wrote:
                  > hello
                  >
                  > I make some work on webalizer,
                  > i'm shure there is bug on kernel 1.3 of webalizer, somes systems
                  have this
                  > trouble but in new release, i think all work fine.
                  >
                  > check version of webalizer, and upgrade if you can to 2.XX version
                  >
                  > good luck to all
                  > regards

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • Jean-Noel HAYART

                    > I am having the exact replica of Carey's problem described in the
                    > post before me. (Different servers of course). We have the exact same
                    > setup (same for over 1 yr) and it died on the 4th of october. Why?
                    > and what is the fix? I know if I remove the webalizer.history it is
                    > fixed but i dont want to loose all of my prior data.

                    I have the same problem, and perhaps it is in the date
                    itself. I have tried to start the data from 1st of october, and the problem
                    persists.

                    I'm using version 1.3x. Anybody knows a bug with specific dates ?

                    --
                    ? quieres saber qui es el geek code ? http://www.geekcode.com

                  • Lars Klein
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 8, 2001
                      Jean-Noel HAYART wrote:
                      > I make some work on webalizer,
                      > i'm shure there is bug on kernel 1.3 of webalizer, somes systems have this
                      > trouble but in new release, i think all work fine.
                      >
                      > check version of webalizer, and upgrade if you can to 2.XX version

                      I´m using V2.00 Windows Version for more than a year - I´ve got the same
                      Probs with logs after 4th of Oct.

                      :-(

                      Bye Lars