Re: Problem using stdin on Solaris 8

  • miparke@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
      Klaus,

      I had tried your first suggestion before, and it failed in exactly the
      same way; however, your second suggestion did the trick.

      I commented out DNSCache and DNSChildren, and stdin worked perfectly.
      So, I'll make two passes in my script. One will be as Webazolver to
      build the cache file, and a second to create the report.

      Thanks very much for your quick response.

      Regards,
      Mike

      --- In webalizer@y..., Klaus Mueller <k.mueller@i...> wrote:
      > > # /usr/local/bin/webalizer < ShortTest.log
      > > Webalizer V2.01-06 (SunOS 5.8) English
      > > Using logfile STDIN (clf)
      > > DNS Lookup (30): 10 addresses in 0.13 seconds
      >
      > 1. Can you try:
      > cat ShortTest.log| /usr/local/bin/webalizer -
      >
      > I have no unix box to test this.
      >
      > 2. What happens if you disable the DNS cache?
      > Reason: The webalizer parses the log file two times if DNS lookup is
      > enabled. Webalizer calls itself as webazolver (?) and use pipes to
      process
      > the DNS lookup. The log creation is a second step. The second step
      my fail
      > if running from command line because the input pipe is readed but no
      log
      > entries for further processing exists. This is an assumption only.
      >
      > Bye
      > Klaus
    • Klaus Mueller
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001