RE: [webalizer] Problem using stdin on Solaris 8

  • Klaus Mueller
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
      > # /usr/local/bin/webalizer < ShortTest.log
      > Webalizer V2.01-06 (SunOS 5.8) English
      > Using logfile STDIN (clf)
      > DNS Lookup (30): 10 addresses in 0.13 seconds

      1. Can you try:
      cat ShortTest.log| /usr/local/bin/webalizer -

      I have no unix box to test this.

      2. What happens if you disable the DNS cache?
      Reason: The webalizer parses the log file two times if DNS lookup is
      enabled. Webalizer calls itself as webazolver (?) and use pipes to process
      the DNS lookup. The log creation is a second step. The second step my fail
      if running from command line because the input pipe is readed but no log
      entries for further processing exists. This is an assumption only.

      Bye
      Klaus
    • miparke@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
        Klaus,

        I had tried your first suggestion before, and it failed in exactly the
        same way; however, your second suggestion did the trick.

        I commented out DNSCache and DNSChildren, and stdin worked perfectly.
        So, I'll make two passes in my script. One will be as Webazolver to
        build the cache file, and a second to create the report.

        Thanks very much for your quick response.

        Regards,
        Mike

        --- In webalizer@y..., Klaus Mueller <k.mueller@i...> wrote:
        > > # /usr/local/bin/webalizer < ShortTest.log
        > > Webalizer V2.01-06 (SunOS 5.8) English
        > > Using logfile STDIN (clf)
        > > DNS Lookup (30): 10 addresses in 0.13 seconds
        >
        > 1. Can you try:
        > cat ShortTest.log| /usr/local/bin/webalizer -
        >
        > I have no unix box to test this.
        >
        > 2. What happens if you disable the DNS cache?
        > Reason: The webalizer parses the log file two times if DNS lookup is
        > enabled. Webalizer calls itself as webazolver (?) and use pipes to
        process
        > the DNS lookup. The log creation is a second step. The second step
        my fail
        > if running from command line because the input pipe is readed but no
        log
        > entries for further processing exists. This is an assumption only.
        >
        > Bye
        > Klaus
      • Klaus Mueller
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001