Records ignored

  • DAN-BOUZOUA ALI
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2001
      Hi
      I am running webalizer 2.01 under linux for analysing huge apache log file (500Mo/day) . and most of my records are ignored.
      When i run the same log file under analog I have only Corrupt logfile lines: 9
      Thank for your help
      [root@dpinyits1 /root]# webalizer
      Webalizer V2.01-06 (Linux 2.2.16-22) English
      Using logfile /home/access (clf)
      Creating output in /var/www/html/webalizer
      Hostname for reports is 'dpinyits1'
      Reading history file... webalizer.hist
      Reading previous run data.. webalizer.current
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field [3078225]
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field [3078226]
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field [3078235]
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field
      Warning: Truncating oversized request field
      Saving current run data... [09/25/2001 23:50:00]
      Generating report for September 2001
      Generating summary report
      Saving history information...
      6133788 records (4363230 ignored) in 1555.42 seconds, 3943/sec  .

    • Nick Heinemans
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2001
        Can you send your webalizer.conf file to this group? I think it's because you have incremental switched on, causing webalizer to ignore records which are already analyzed.

        You could check this by clearing /var/www/html/webalizer, and then running your webalizer again.

        Nick

      • danbouzoua@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
          Hi

          I find the error, it is because my log are not ordered by time stamp.
          I am not producing the logs but just analyse. It a merge of
          differents logs files (multi-server).
          I uncomment and change this line from no to yes and it works.

          FoldSeqErr yes

          But another problem remain. Because out of sequence logs records are
          treated as if they had the same time stamp as the last valid record,
          my hourly usage is now false. (webalizer.conf comment)

          SO: I am not good in programming, i am loking for a script to only
          sort my log file by time stamp.

          Any help ?

          Thank you

          Service.