dns lookup not working

  • Charles Hui
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2001
      this is Charles and I just install the webalizer on my Apache
      webserver on redhat linux and also want it to do reverse DNS lookup,
      so i complied the webalizer with --enable-dns

      however, it keep telling me DNS support not present, may i know why
      and how to fix it?
      my system is redhat 7.1 with Apache 1.3

      cheers
      charles

      [root@gateway webalizer-2.01-06]# ./configure --enable-dns
      creating cache ./config.cache
      checking for gcc... gcc
      checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
      checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
      checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
      checking whether ln -s works... yes
      checking whether char is unsigned... no
      checking for dbopen... no
      checking for library containing dbopen... -ldb1
      checking for db_185.h... no
      checking for errno.h... yes
      checking for socket... yes
      checking for sys/socket.h... yes
      checking for main in -lnsl... yes
      checking for main in -l44bsd... no
      checking for main in -lm... yes
      checking for main in -lz... yes
      checking for gzrewind in -lz... yes
      checking for main in -lpng... yes
      checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... yes
      checking for gd.h... /usr/include
      checking for getopt.h... yes
      checking for math.h... yes
      checking default config dir... /etc
      checking for language file... yes - english
      updating cache ./config.cache
      creating ./config.status
      creating Makefile
      linking ./lang/webalizer_lang.english to webalizer_lang.h

      [root@gateway webalizer-2.01-06]# make install
      /usr/bin/install -c webalizer /usr/local/bin/webalizer
      /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 webalizer.1 /usr/local/man/man1/webalizer.1
      /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 sample.conf /etc/webalizer.conf.sample
      rm -f /usr/local/bin/webazolver
      ln -s /usr/local/bin/webalizer /usr/local/bin/webazolver
      [root@gateway webalizer-2.01-06]# cd /usr/local/bin
      [root@gateway bin]# ls
      webalizer webazolver
      [root@gateway bin]# ./webazolver
      Webalizer V2.01-06 (Linux 2.4.2-2) English
      DNS support not present, aborting...
      [root@gateway bin]#
    • Juliano Nobrega
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2001
        Hello all,

        Does anyone know of (or has developed) a database driven system that reads
        Webalizer generated dumps? We're pretty happy with the numbers that we're
        getting, but we need more flexible reports... Copying and pasting numbers
        into spreadsheets doesn't seem very clever... :)

        We'd love to know of a PHP/MySQL system that does all this...

        Sorry if the answer to this has been answered already. I'm new to list and
        couldn't find this information elsewhere.

        Have a great day!

        Juliano
      • Charles Hui
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2001
          finally, i found that there is something cached when i complied the
          webalizer at the beginning! Now I run 'make uninstall', it cleared
          all the cache and everything start over again, re-complied it, but
          when i make it, it said;
          [root@gateway webalizer-2.01-06]# make
          gcc -Wall -O2 -DETCDIR=\"/etc\" -DHAVE_ERRNO_H=1 -DHAVE_SOCKET=1 -
          DHAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H=1 -DHAVE_GETOPT_H=1 -DHAVE_MATH_H=1 -DUSE_DNS -c
          dns_resolv.c
          dns_resolv.c: In function `resolve_dns':
          dns_resolv.c:149: warning: passing arg 2 of pointer to function from
          incompatible pointer type
          dns_resolv.c:149: too few arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c: In function `dns_resolver':
          dns_resolv.c:218: warning: implicit declaration of function `dbopen'
          dns_resolv.c:218: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
          without a cast
          dns_resolv.c:228: too few arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c:235: too few arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c:275: warning: passing arg 2 of pointer to function from
          incompatible pointer type
          dns_resolv.c:275: too few arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c:329: too few arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c:359: too few arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c: In function `db_put':
          dns_resolv.c:742: warning: passing arg 2 of pointer to function from
          incompatible pointer type
          dns_resolv.c:742: too few arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c: In function `open_cache':
          dns_resolv.c:790: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
          without a cast
          dns_resolv.c:798: too few arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c:804: too few arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c: In function `close_cache':
          dns_resolv.c:826: too few arguments to function
          make: *** [dns_resolv.o] Error 1
          [root@gateway webalizer-2.01-06]#

          Is there any bug in dns_resolv.c???