big log files?
- i have a very big log file and i want to trim it's size. i am pretty
confused with incremental procesing and log rotating. any way, these
are the steps i am going to take
1. turn on incremental processing
2. run webalizer on the big log file
3. stop the web server
4. remove big log file
5. start the web server to generate new log file
6. run webalizer on new log file
could anybody confirm is this right procedure and do i lose data this
is it the same if i skip step 1 and do the same at couple of minutes
before midnight at the end of the month?