FW: Need Help!!

  • alan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2001
      From: alan [mailto:alan@...]
      Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 12:50 PM
      To: webalizer@egroups.com
      Subject: FW: Need Help!!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: alan [mailto:alan@...]
      Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 12:46 PM
      To: webalizer@egroups.com
      Cc: Eugene
      Subject: Need Help!!

      To Whom it May Concern,

      I am having some trouble with the installation and implementation of
      Webalizer on my Windows NT 4.0 Machine. I am just starting to use Log Files
      to see how my website is doing and I am interested in implementing Webalizer
      on my systems. First off when I run Webalizer alone I get an error of:

      WEBALIZER v2.01-060Rb04 (WINDOWS NT 4.0 SERVICE PACK 6) ENGLISH
      Error: Can't open log file

      I am using w3C Extended Log File Format in IIS. This might be silly but I
      open the command line and drag a log file into the CMD window so that
      WEBALIZER can analyze the file and I get the error of: WARNING: Truncating
      Oversized Username
      Skipping Bad Record (XXX)
      No Valid records found.

      I am new to understand the way log works, any information you can give
      me in plain English will help me greatly. I am attaching a copy of my
      webalizer.conf file edited to my directories; perhaps I am doing something
      seriously wrong. Please get back to me with any help you can give.

      Sincerely,
      Alan Smikun
      Systems Administrator
      Alan@...
    • Jean-Noel HAYART
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2001
        hello alan

        can you control you check Date And Time fields in W3C log file extended
        property, cause
        Webalizer read one line and process it , in this way, webalizer search time
        and date stamp in each line ... sory

        regards