Re: [webalizer] Reverse DNS timeout

  • Carsten Gehling
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2001
      From: "Klaus Mueller" <k.mueller@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 4:39 PM

      > The unix version forks the defined number of sub processes to do parallel
      > DNS lookups. This does not work with windows. An extra implementation with
      > threads was to complex.

      Well since Linux now supports multi-threading, maybe it is time to change
      the original implementation to threading?

      (Now where did I put my Visual C++ cd's........)

      - Carsten
    • Klaus Mueller
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2001
        > Well since Linux now supports multi-threading, maybe it is
        > time to change
        > the original implementation to threading?

        Hi,

        webalizer runs on a big number of different operation systems (Linux, Win,
        Solaris, MacOS X, OS2, Cobal Qube ???, BeOS, OpenVMS, Netware). It would not
        be easy to create one design and implementation matching all different OS
        requirements/limitations.

        I'll suggest Bradford my create a outline of the planed future requirements
        and enhancements to get a view about the future of webalizer. (Please do not
        hit me for this sentence.)

        I hope some of the current windows changes go back to the main webalizer
        development and we get one source base for all operation systems.

        Klaus