RE: [webalizer] Reverse DNS timeout

  • Nick Heinemans
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4 2:14 AM

      The reason why I believe Webalizer is idle on the reverse DNS is because it 'flies' over the logfiles, but pauses after each file (for quite a while) before continuing with the next file. I haven't checked diskactivity, but processor load is down to zero when Webalizer idles.

      I'll try to give some more info about number of records and times later today.

      Nick
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4 2:18 AM
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4 2:32 AM
          > Well since Linux now supports multi-threading, maybe it is
          > time to change
          > the original implementation to threading?

          Hi,

          webalizer runs on a big number of different operation systems (Linux, Win,
          Solaris, MacOS X, OS2, Cobal Qube ???, BeOS, OpenVMS, Netware). It would not
          be easy to create one design and implementation matching all different OS
          requirements/limitations.

          I'll suggest Bradford my create a outline of the planed future requirements
          and enhancements to get a view about the future of webalizer. (Please do not
          hit me for this sentence.)

          I hope some of the current windows changes go back to the main webalizer
          development and we get one source base for all operation systems.

          Klaus