AW: [webalizer] Re: DNS lookup

  • Markus Humberg (Humberg Computertechnik)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2001
      -add more DNS Clients
      -give all Sites the some DNS.txt
      -perform webalizer one after the other
      -use the incremental file
      -use (beta) the webalizer-client www.humberg.de

      -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
      Von: batman@... [mailto:batman@...]
      Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2001 00:20
      An: webalizer@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: [webalizer] Re: DNS lookup

      HEy Klaus
      thanks now it work.
      But is it true that firste time it tok 3 hours du komplete stats on
      15 website.
      And it then 2 time it start all over, 3 hours.
      what can i do about that?

      Thomas

      --- In webalizer@y..., Klaus Mueller <k.mueller@i...> wrote:
      > > Do i need to installe DNS on my win2k server to get i to work
      whit
      > > Dnslookup?
      >
      > No, but you need a DNS server you can use (e.g. from ISP or your
      company).
      > The DNS server is configured with your network configuration.
      >
      > Bye
      > Klaus

    • Nick Heinemans
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2001
        I doubt if running Webalizer one after another increases speed. I tried running my webalizers (approx 200 on one server) after another using a script, but this takes a VERY long time... If I just search for all webalizer.exe's and double-click each of them, it finishes in about 1/10th of the time.

        Also, I use the same file for DNScache, but I notice this files is sometimes growing to a few MB's, but sometimes it seems like this file is rebuilt, since the size is then down to a few hundred KB's. I didn't really notice a big difference in performance compared to separate DNScache locations.

        Nick
        But is it true that firste time it tok 3 hours du komplete stats on
        15 website.
        And it then 2 time it start all over, 3 hours.
        what can i do about that?

        Thomas

        --- In webalizer@y..., Klaus Mueller <k.mueller@i...> wrote:
        > > Do i need to installe DNS on my win2k server to get i to work
        whit
        > > Dnslookup?
        >
        > No, but you need a DNS server you can use (e.g. from ISP or your
        company).
        > The DNS server is configured with your network configuration.
        >
        > Bye
        > Klaus

      • Jean-Noel HAYART
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 21, 2001
          hi

          if you use Win32 version of webalizer, you can't increase speed of dns
          resolution cause webalizer need to resolve Line by Line, for process data in
          memory, and each line (with is not in cache database) need wait for answer
          of DNS server ...
          it's consume a lot of time.

          parm DNS client is used only for Webazolver mode and not functionnal on
          Win32 plateform ...

          regards