WIN2k

  • batman@chatchat.dk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2001
      Dos any one know why this AT 10:00 dos not start the program in win2k
    • Carsten Gehling
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2001
        Show us the complete "at" command, and I'll tell you

        - Carsten

        > Dos any one know why this AT 10:00 dos not start the program in win2k

      • Thomas Petersen
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2001
          I DO like this:

          AT 13:00 D:\inetpub\webhotel\stats\webalizer.exe

          and then i write " Addes a new job with job ID=1"
          but nothing happens.
          I have also try other times like 10:00 and 00:00

          Best regards
          thomas
          Show us the complete "at" command, and I'll tell you

          - Carsten

          > Dos any one know why this AT 10:00 dos not start the program in win2k

        • Maarten van der Hoek / W.T. Internationa
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2001
            You shouldn't forget that it has to be run in an CMD prompt....

            AT 13.00 cmd.exe d:\inetpub\webhotel\stats\webalizer.exe

            should do the trick....

            Met vriendelijke groeten,

            Maarten van der Hoek
            W.T. International b.v.

            ***************************
            W.T. International b.v.
            Tel +31-(0)10-2857990
            Fax +31-(0)10-2857999
            E-mail info@...
            ***************************

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2001
              I dont then i try
              cmd.exe d:\inetpub\webhotel\stats\webalizer.exe
              My Dospromt open but nothing happens.

              i all so try add this in Scheduled Tasks.
              Here it says "could not start"

              Dos i work in Win2K ?

              best regards
              thomas

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
                I've done it like this:

                Create a .bat file (e.g. webalizer.bat) with the following content

                c:
                cd \webalizer
                webalizer.exe

                Then do the at command this way:

                at 13:00 /every:m,t,w,th,f,s,su cmd.exe /c c:\webalizer.bat

                I've found out that your working directory must be the one where
                webalizer.conf is located. The only way to ensure this is to change
                directory with a .bat file.

                Show us the complete "at" command, and I'll tell you

                - Carsten

                > Dos any one know why this AT 10:00 dos not start the program in
                win2k

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Frank Stromberger
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 10, 2001
                  Hi all,

                  I think you don't even need the batch file.
                  But it is absolutely necessary that you include the path to your .conf-file
                  in the AT command, e.g.

                  AT 00:01 /EVERY:mo c:\webalizer\webalizer.exe -c c:\webalizer\webalizer.conf

                  This would start webalizer (installed in c:\webalizer) with the .conf-file
                  in the same directory at 00:01 on every Monday.
                  Don't put the path in parentheses, it won't work.

                  Greetings,

                  Frank