RE: [webalizer] Windows-Front-end for Webalizer

  • Maarten van der Hoek / W.T. Internationa
    Message 1 of 12 , May 28, 2001
      This would be great, in what language did you wrote it ??

      When open-source, I could maybe also help...

      Best Regards

      Maarten van der Hoek
      W.T. International b.v.

      Message 2 of 12 , May 29, 2001
        > Hi!
        >
        > I wrote a frontend for webalizer.
        > Features:

        Well, it seems there is more and more interest on win32 porting ! This makes
        me happy.
        One question: will this frontend work together the webalizer.exe port of
        Klaus Muller & Jean-Noel Hayart or will it be a standalone new .exe file ?

        Another thing: on current webalizer there is a feature to set a time
        conversion, but I noticed some problems. Here it follows:

        Platform: webalizer2.01.06.RB04.english, Win2k SVR SP1

        I don't understand the function of the new
        parameter ConvertTime available in beta release R04.

        If I process a log file generated in February, there isn't any change in
        webalizer output, but if I process a logfile generated in April, the time in
        output web pages is increased of +01 hour.

        I supposed the ConvertTime parameter had to convert time from GMT to local
        time, but (from my test results) it seems to convert from GMT time to
        daylight saving time.

        So, in conclusion, what does ConvertTime do:

        1. convert time from GMT W3C logfiles to daylight saving time
        2. convert time from GMT W3C logfiles to LOCAL time (as to say: to time in
        your geographical area)
        3. both the conversions

        ???

        Thank you very much in advance,
        Andrea Cecotti
        Italy
      • Marco Lanata
        Message 3 of 12 , May 30, 2001
          I'm a beta tester !!

          Win2k + IIS5

          My stat are are at http://www.tigullio.it/stat/

          Thank you.

          ____________________________
          Marco Lanata
          Virtual srl
          Via Vinelli 34/2
          16043 Chiavari (GE) - ITALY
          Tel +39 0185 368005
          Fax +39 0185 368107
          email : marco@...
          http://www.tigullio.it

          For more information, beta-test, etc. give me a mail (first step, if there
          are more then 2 people, I will build a homepage).

          Markus

        • classicimports
          Message 4 of 12 , May 31, 2001