Re: [webalizer] w3c logs and files

  • gorizia1
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 27, 2001

      > > Did you set correctly the Extended Properties of W3C log format ?
      >

      > Here are the options i have set in W3c format:
      > date
      > time
      > Client IP address
      > User Nmae
      > Method
      > URI Stem
      > URI Query
      > Protocol Status
      > Bytes Sent
      > Bytss Received
      >
      > Is there anything else i need to set? Here is an example record from the
      > file:
      >
      > 2001-04-27 00:33:19 192.168.0.4 jeepguy [5]sent
      > /mp3s/g+love/G.+Love+&+Special+Sauce+-+Kick+Drum.mp3 226 2844340 0
      >
      > Saunders

      Well, it seems ok.
      But in my log files I have "GET" instead of "sent"...I don't know if this
      could prevent webalizer from generating correct analysis.
      If you process such log files you have to obtain analysis containing also
      the lists of most requested files.
      Tip: you may want to add the "User Agent" and "Referer" properties to enable
      the graph of types of web browsers and the references to webs that called
      your web site.

      Bye,
      Andrea