Webalizer main site temporarly down

  • thewebalizer
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14 11:09 PM
      Greetings everyone.

      I am sad to say that the main Webalizer site is currently down.

      Unfortunately, the hosting company where the Webalizer server was co-located has decided to close down their operations effective immediately. They were great people to deal with, and had been generously donating rack space to us for the last 8 years. I am sorry to see them close up shop, and I wish them luck in any future ventures they may undertake.

      However, this leaves the Webalizer main distribution server in a bit of a situation and in need of a new home. North Central Florida is where the server is now, so it would be ideal if I could find a way to keep it here. If you or someone you know might be able to help in any way, please send an e-mail to thewebalizer over at gmail (you know the extension). I regret this inconvenience, but it was completely unexpected and unforeseen. In the mean time, please use one of the mirror sites if necessary.

      Thank You,
      Brad
    • Peter Yanke
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15 1:16 AM
        What kind of storage and bandwidth do you need to keep this going?

        Peter K Yanke
        PY Multimedia Services
        support@...
        PH: 575.418.1037
        FX: 888.808.0099

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15 10:04 PM
          Thanks for the query Peter.

          The requirements are really quite moderate. The web stuff is all static html, and I would estimate that less than 200Mb a day of bandwidth is used between the web, ftp, smtp and dns services combined. Currently, it is housed in a mini-tower enclosure, but could easily be swapped to a rack mount pizza box enclosure to save space. I would be happy to discuss the specifics in private.

          Please contact 'thewebalizer' at gmail dot com for further information.

          Thank You,
          Brad