Webalizer on other server

  • Lewatle Phaladi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2012

      Dear Team

      I am delighted to be member of this group, my questions are as follows: is that possible to run webalizer on separate machine and generate stats from other machine, I am asking this question because I have difficulty in setting up webalizer on Solaris and I have set it up on Ubuntu and webalizer has generated good analysis report for us, please help me on this issue.

      Regards,

      Lewatle

      This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the permission of the University. Only authorized signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in writing to the contrary.

    • waldo kitty
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2012
        On 2/21/2012 06:14, Lewatle Phaladi wrote:
        > I am delighted to be member of this group, my questions are as follows: is that
        > possible to run webalizer on separate machine and generate stats from other
        > machine, I am asking this question because I have difficulty in setting up
        > webalizer on Solaris and I have set it up on Ubuntu and webalizer has generated
        > good analysis report for us, please help me on this issue.

        sure... you only need a way to copy the log file over for the analysis... the
        resulting output will reside on the local machine where webalizer is installed
        unless you have some sort of mapped drives or directories over a LAN...