Re: Old logs won't process

  • emailgrant123
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 20, 2012
      > > I'm sorry to say I only have the logs going back to January 5th. Is
      > > there any way to process the logs I have for January 24-30 without
      > > removing all data from January?
      >
      > Then I guess you are pretty much SOL. You could _possibly_ get it to
      > work by hand editing the incremental data file, but that is not for
      > the faint of heart! That file contains the timestamp of what the
      > program 'thinks' was the last log entry processed. You would need
      > to change that timestamp to something prior to January 24th, process
      > your January 24-30th logs, then change the timestamp back to what it
      > was previously. This assumes that you have already processed January
      > 31st. Whatever you do, make sure you backup your current stats just
      > in case (more likely than not) you hose them in the process :)
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Brad

      I appreciate your help but that doesn't seem to work. The stats end up incorrect and a processing gap appears in a different spot.

      Is the top portion of the incremental data file before "# -urls-" documented by any chance? I think if I could figure it out I could get this to work.

      Or maybe a way to remove records matching a log file instead of adding them? Yeah right....

      - Grant