RE: [webalizer] w3c logs and files

  • Saunders
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 27, 2001
      > Did you set correctly the Extended Properties of W3C log format ?

      Here are the options i have set in W3c format:
      date
      time
      Client IP address
      User Nmae
      Method
      URI Stem
      URI Query
      Protocol Status
      Bytes Sent
      Bytss Received

      Is there anything else i need to set? Here is an example record from the
      file:

      2001-04-27 00:33:19 192.168.0.4 jeepguy [5]sent
      /mp3s/g+love/G.+Love+&+Special+Sauce+-+Kick+Drum.mp3 226 2844340 0

      Saunders

      > > Is there any way to get webalizer to read w3c log files and
      > read the files
      > > that people have downloaded/viewed?
      > > Right now, when i run webalizer on a w3c file, it doesnt output
      > any of the
      > > URL information, including total files, total unique URLS, or top urls?

    • Jean-Noel HAYART
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 27, 2001
        hi all

        Actually webalizer can read only thoses fileds in log :

        "date", "time", "c-ip","cs-username", "cs-uri-stem",
        "sc-status","sc-bytes", "cs(User-Agent)", "cs(Referer)"

        thoses fields can produce complete report from original webalizer.

        but in default IIS4 or IIS5 don't have all this fields, you need select it.

        Regards

        > Did you set correctly the Extended Properties of W3C log format ?

        Here are the options i have set in W3c format:
        date
        time
        Client IP address
        User Nmae
        Method
        URI Stem
        URI Query
        Protocol Status
        Bytes Sent
        Bytss Received

        Is there anything else i need to set? Here is an example record from the
        file:

        2001-04-27 00:33:19 192.168.0.4 jeepguy [5]sent
        /mp3s/g+love/G.+Love+&+Special+Sauce+-+Kick+Drum.mp3 226 2844340 0

        Saunders

        > > Is there any way to get webalizer to read w3c log files and
        > read the files
        > > that people have downloaded/viewed?
        > > Right now, when i run webalizer on a w3c file, it doesnt output
        > any of the
        > > URL information, including total files, total unique URLS, or top urls?

      • gorizia1
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 27, 2001

          > > Did you set correctly the Extended Properties of W3C log format ?
          >

          > Here are the options i have set in W3c format:
          > date
          > time
          > Client IP address
          > User Nmae
          > Method
          > URI Stem
          > URI Query
          > Protocol Status
          > Bytes Sent
          > Bytss Received
          >
          > Is there anything else i need to set? Here is an example record from the
          > file:
          >
          > 2001-04-27 00:33:19 192.168.0.4 jeepguy [5]sent
          > /mp3s/g+love/G.+Love+&+Special+Sauce+-+Kick+Drum.mp3 226 2844340 0
          >
          > Saunders

          Well, it seems ok.
          But in my log files I have "GET" instead of "sent"...I don't know if this
          could prevent webalizer from generating correct analysis.
          If you process such log files you have to obtain analysis containing also
          the lists of most requested files.
          Tip: you may want to add the "User Agent" and "Referer" properties to enable
          the graph of types of web browsers and the references to webs that called
          your web site.

          Bye,
          Andrea