Re: Old logs won't process

  • emailgrant123
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 10, 2012
      > > That sounds like it would work for February, but I'm missing January
      > > 24-30. The system has processed January 31 - February 5 in the
      > > meantime. Can I remove everything after January 30?
      > >
      > > Can anyone help me out here? Is there anything I can do at this point
      > > to fill in the missing data? I have the logs.
      >
      > Just start processing your logs from January 1st instead of February 1st
      > after removing the incremental data file.

      I'm sorry to say I only have the logs going back to January 5th. Is there any way to process the logs I have for January 24-30 without removing all data from January?
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 10, 2012
        > I'm sorry to say I only have the logs going back to January 5th. Is
        > there any way to process the logs I have for January 24-30 without
        > removing all data from January?

        Then I guess you are pretty much SOL. You could _possibly_ get it to
        work by hand editing the incremental data file, but that is not for
        the faint of heart! That file contains the timestamp of what the
        program 'thinks' was the last log entry processed. You would need
        to change that timestamp to something prior to January 24th, process
        your January 24-30th logs, then change the timestamp back to what it
        was previously. This assumes that you have already processed January
        31st. Whatever you do, make sure you backup your current stats just
        in case (more likely than not) you hose them in the process :)

        Cheers,
        Brad
      • emailgrant123
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 20, 2012
          > > I'm sorry to say I only have the logs going back to January 5th. Is
          > > there any way to process the logs I have for January 24-30 without
          > > removing all data from January?
          >
          > Then I guess you are pretty much SOL. You could _possibly_ get it to
          > work by hand editing the incremental data file, but that is not for
          > the faint of heart! That file contains the timestamp of what the
          > program 'thinks' was the last log entry processed. You would need
          > to change that timestamp to something prior to January 24th, process
          > your January 24-30th logs, then change the timestamp back to what it
          > was previously. This assumes that you have already processed January
          > 31st. Whatever you do, make sure you backup your current stats just
          > in case (more likely than not) you hose them in the process :)
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Brad

          I appreciate your help but that doesn't seem to work. The stats end up incorrect and a processing gap appears in a different spot.

          Is the top portion of the incremental data file before "# -urls-" documented by any chance? I think if I could figure it out I could get this to work.

          Or maybe a way to remove records matching a log file instead of adding them? Yeah right....

          - Grant