Re: [webalizer] Re: IQ web server non-standard W3C log

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
      >> From the documentation at Awstats it says the fields in W3C format are:
      [...]
      > and I have those checked, but there other fields I could have checked
      > for inclusion, so the question now becomes:
      > what fields does Webalizer think are in W3C log format ?
      > I can't find this specified anywhere in the Webalizer documentation.

      Check: http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-logfile.html

      For a complete description of the W3C log format. Also, note that
      the time field is defined as:

      The time must have at least the 2 digit hour and minute, in 24
      hour format, and specified in GMT.

      As for what fields the Webalizer 'thinks' are in the log, that would
      be defined in the log file itself; (see the "Format" section of
      the document referenced above).

      Cheers,
      Brad
    • Dave Kimble
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
        Thanks a lot for your reply.
        In the README file in the download package it says:
        "Blank lines and lines that begin with a pound sign ('#') are ignored. "   [line 708]
        so I thought the #Fields line wasn't parsed by Webalizer
        and didn't copy it forward in my PHP script.

        So I modified the script to include the # lines
        and fed the output to Webalizer - and it works !

        Amazing what a little bit of outside assistance can do.

        In case it helps anyone else I have put the script at http://www.peakoil.org.au/IQ.script.php.txt

        Dave