IndexAlias

  • tankman67
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011
      I'm running into an issue with Webalizer after upgrading to Gallery3. It seems Gallery3 places index.php in between the domain and the directory structure of the website. For example, www.domain.com/index.php/2011/summervaction/

      As a result, Webalizer is stripping the "index." and everything after. This makes the stats read as if every single request is for /

      I see in the configuration file where I can add additional IndexAlias definitions but there doesn't appear to be away to exclude "index." Does anyone know if this is possible?

      Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

      Dallas
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011
        Try using:

        DefaultIndex no

        in your config file..

        Here is the relevant bit from the README file:

        DefaultIndex This option is used to enable/disable the use of "index." as
        a default index name to be stripped from the end of a URL.
        Most sites should not need to use this option, however some
        may find it useful, particularly those whose default index
        file name is something different, or those sites that use
        'index.php' or similar URLs to generate dynamic content.
        This option does not effect any of the names that may be
        defined using the IndexAlias option, and those names will
        still function as described. Values may be 'yes' or 'no',
        with 'yes' being the default.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2011
          Thanks for the reply Bradford. I'll provide a little more detail. I installed Webalizer with apt-get on my Debian system. This installed version 2.01. I checked the README located in /usr/share/doc/webalizer and did some Googling - which I try to do to prevent asking stupid questions - but didn't see this option.

          I took your advice however, but received the following output:
          Warning: Invalid keyword 'DefaultIndex' (/etc/webalizer/webalizer.conf)

          I see the README file at ftp://ftp.mrunix.net/pub/webalizer/README (which appears to be for version 2.23-05) DOES contain this option.

          I will try upgrading my Webalizer version and test. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction here.

          Dallas