Re: [webalizer] URIs showing up in stats that are not in the log

  • David Siefert
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
      The redirect rule is in effect.  I cannot find references to the incorrect URI anywhere in the logs that webalizer reports on.
      For instance, the invalid uri "/help-me" cannot be found in access.log.2010-11-01, but can be found in access.log.2010-10-31.  Webalizer still reports in November that the "/help-me" URI was a top-URL, but should only show up in the October reports.

      -David

      On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Charles <ccs@...> wrote:

      Hello David;

      You didn't say *where* you put the redirect rule -- if placed in one of Apache's .conf files (I have "httpd.conf" plus "vhost_xxx.conf" for all of my vhost) you need to restart Apache for it to take effect.

      Charles...
      Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Schedules: The first 90% of a project takes the 1st 90% of the time. The remaining 10% of a project takes the OTHER 90% of the time.

    • Charles
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
        Hmmm... well without examining your log files, apache config file(s), and webalizer config file, I don't have any other advice. Sorry.

        Charles...
        Charles' Observation: How come there's never enough time to do the job right, but there's always time to do it over?