Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

URIs showing up in stats that are not in the log

Expand Messages
  • Charles
    Hello David; You didn t say *where* you put the redirect rule -- if placed in one of Apache s .conf files (I have httpd.conf plus vhost_xxx.conf for all of
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
      Hello David;
       
      You didn't say *where* you put the redirect rule -- if placed in one of Apache's .conf files (I have "httpd.conf" plus "vhost_xxx.conf" for all of my vhost) you need to restart Apache for it to take effect.
       
      Charles...
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Schedules: The first 90% of a project takes the 1st 90% of the time. The remaining 10% of a project takes the OTHER 90% of the time.
    • David Siefert
      The redirect rule is in effect. I cannot find references to the incorrect URI anywhere in the logs that webalizer reports on. For instance, the invalid uri
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
        The redirect rule is in effect.  I cannot find references to the incorrect URI anywhere in the logs that webalizer reports on.
        For instance, the invalid uri "/help-me" cannot be found in access.log.2010-11-01, but can be found in access.log.2010-10-31.  Webalizer still reports in November that the "/help-me" URI was a top-URL, but should only show up in the October reports.

        -David

        On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Charles <ccs@...> wrote:
         

        Hello David;
         
        You didn't say *where* you put the redirect rule -- if placed in one of Apache's .conf files (I have "httpd.conf" plus "vhost_xxx.conf" for all of my vhost) you need to restart Apache for it to take effect.
         
        Charles...
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Schedules: The first 90% of a project takes the 1st 90% of the time. The remaining 10% of a project takes the OTHER 90% of the time.


      • Charles
        Hmmm... well without examining your log files, apache config file(s), and webalizer config file, I don t have any other advice. Sorry. Charles... ... Charles
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
          Hmmm... well without examining your log files, apache config file(s), and webalizer config file, I don't have any other advice. Sorry.
           
          Charles...
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          Charles' Observation: How come there's never enough time to do the job right, but there's always time to do it over?
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.