URIs showing up in stats that are not in the log

  • David Siefert
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010

      I'm using webalizer to analyze my tomcat access logs (which output in a compatible common apache log formatting).  So far so great.  I found numerous hits to an invalid URI and have since handled this through an apache2 redirect rule.  So I do not expect to see hits to this URI anymore from that day forward.  I am in the next month already and am still seeing access to this URI.  I searched the corresponding log files for the month and cannot find this URI anywhere.  Why is this still showing up in the webalizer report?

      Thanks,
      David
    • Charles
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
        Hello David;

        You didn't say *where* you put the redirect rule -- if placed in one of Apache's .conf files (I have "httpd.conf" plus "vhost_xxx.conf" for all of my vhost) you need to restart Apache for it to take effect.

        Charles...
        Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Schedules: The first 90% of a project takes the 1st 90% of the time. The remaining 10% of a project takes the OTHER 90% of the time.
      • David Siefert

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
            Hmmm... well without examining your log files, apache config file(s), and webalizer config file, I don't have any other advice. Sorry.

            Charles...
            Charles' Observation: How come there's never enough time to do the job right, but there's always time to do it over?