Can't open access log

  • James Coyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010
      I recently had to reconfigure my Apache set up, but am at a loss to explain why I am getting this error in Webalizer:

      Jim-Coyles-iMac:~ jimcoyle$ webalizer
      Webalizer V2.01-10 (Darwin 10.4.0) English
      Error: Can't open log file /private/var/log/httpd/access_log

      Is this some sort of new permissions error or????
    • waldo kitty
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010
        On 8/24/2010 20:15, James Coyle wrote:
        > I recently had to reconfigure my Apache set up, but am at a loss to explain why I am getting this error in Webalizer:
        >
        > Jim-Coyles-iMac:~ jimcoyle$ webalizer
        > Webalizer V2.01-10 (Darwin 10.4.0) English
        > Error: Can't open log file /private/var/log/httpd/access_log
        >
        > Is this some sort of new permissions error or????

        i don't know about "new" but it seems like it might be... what are the
        permissions on that directory and log file and what are the user and group that
        webalizer is running as??