Re: [webalizer] webalizer hangs on "History file not found..." message

  • Sara Pipe
    Message 1 of 12 , May 21 8:36 AM
      Thank you for your descriptive message Ger,

      I tried: ./configure --enable-geoip --enable-bz2 --with-gd=/usr/lib/libdb-4.4.so --with-z=/usr/local/lib/libz.so.1

      and it is complaining that:
      checking for main in -lm... no
      checking for main in -lz... no
      configure: error: z library not found.. please install libz

      I have zlib installed. I can not understand why. I even reinstalled zlib & it "sudo make install"ed successfully: chmod 644 /usr/local/include/zlib.h /usr/local/include/zconf.h

      Could it be the original problem that:
      When I was saying "make" to webalizer, it said:
      In file included from /usr/local/include/zlib.h:34,
                       from webalizer.c:44:
      /usr/local/include/zconf.h:
          373:6: error: token "=" is not valid in preprocessor expressions
          make: *** [webalizer.o] Error 1

      & so I looked into zconf.h and on that line it said:
      "
      /* a little trick to accommodate both "#define _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE" and
       * "#define _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE 1" as requesting 64-bit operations, (even
       * though the former does not conform to the LFS document), but considering
       * both "#undef _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE" and "#define _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE 0" as
       * equivalently requesting no 64-bit operations
       */
      #if -_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE - -1 == 1
      #  undef _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
      #endif
      "

      I did not know what to do, so I commented the whole #if & #endif part out. Then the make ran fine, then I got to the gd version problem.

      Do you understand what is going on?
      Thanks,
      Sara