Re: upgrading to 2.2 from 2.0x

  • thewebalizer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2010
      It's basically a drop in replacement.. if you just upgrade, it will continue to function as it did before and default to the same settings. If you want to use the GeoDB database, add the '-j' switch to your script. If you want to use country flags, the default location for them is in the 'flags' directory under whatever directory you are generating output in.. to use them, you must add the 'CountryFlags yes' directive in your configuration file. If you want to locate the images someplace other than the default, you can specify where they are with the 'FlagDir' directive. See the supplied documentation (README, man page, sample config file) for additional information.

      --

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Voytek Eymont" <voytek@...> wrote:

      > I have webalizer 2.01 on Centos with virtual hosts,
      > many thanks for this tool.
      >
      > Noticing as there is a 2.2 version, I d/l and installed 2.2
      >
      > it all seems fine, the 2.2 installed into /usr/local/bin
      >
      > is there anything I should do with 2.2 ?
      >
      > I also d/l GeoDB and flags
      >
      > do I just move flag images to \icons\ where the other images live ?
      >
      > I copied GeoDB to
      > # webalizer -vV
      > Webalizer V2.21-02 (Linux 2.6.9-55.0.9.EL i686) English
      > Copyright 1997-2009 by Bradford L. Barrett
      > Mod date: 13-Jan-2009 Options: DNS/GeoDB
      > Default GeoDB dir : /usr/share/GeoDB
      > Default config dir: /usr/local/etc
      >
      > # ls /usr/share/GeoDB
      > GeoDB.dat GEODB.README
      >
      > is that of use to me, or, is logresolve enough ?
      >

      > webalizer is called from a script like:

      > logresolve < /home/$i/logs/$DATE-access.log > /home/$i/logs/$DATE-access.rog
      > /usr/local/bin/webalizer -n $i -o /home/$i/www/stats/webalizer
      > /home/$i/logs/$DATE-access
      >

      > thanks
      >

      > --
      > Voytek

    • Voytek Eymont
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2010
        <quote who="thewebalizer">

        > It's basically a drop in replacement.. if you just upgrade, it will
        > continue to function as it did before and default to the same settings.
        > If you want to use the GeoDB database, add the '-j' switch to your
        > script. If you want to use country flags, the default location for them
        > is in the 'flags' directory under whatever directory you are generating
        > output in.. to use them, you must add the 'CountryFlags yes' directive in
        > your configuration file. If you want to locate the images someplace
        > other than the default, you can specify where they are with the 'FlagDir'
        > directive. See the supplied documentation (README, man page, sample
        > config file) for additional information.

        thanks,

        all's well
        I overlooked that as installed 2.2 was looking at /usr/local/etc for
        webalizer.conf. (and, I put correct path for flags, but, forgot to remove
        '#' from the line...)

        --
        Voytek