Re: [webalizer] Why?

  • waldo kitty
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2009
      James Coyle wrote:
      > Why am I getting this error? I want the Webalizer files to output to my home Documents folder:
      >
      > Webalizer V2.01-10 (Darwin 10.2.0) English
      > Using logfile /private/var/log/httpd/access_log (clf)
      > Error: Can't change directory to Users/jim/Documents/WebalizerDocs

      shouldn't the destination directory start with a leading '/'? if it doesn't, it
      thinks that it is relative to where it is running from...

      another thing would maybe be permissions... if that folder doesn't allow others
      access for at least writing, you'll have problems...
    • DocEman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2010
        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, waldo kitty <wkitty42@...> wrote:

        > James Coyle wrote:
        > > Why am I getting this error? I want the Webalizer files to output to my home Documents folder:
        > >
        > > Webalizer V2.01-10 (Darwin 10.2.0) English
        > > Using logfile /private/var/log/httpd/access_log (clf)
        > > Error: Can't change directory to Users/jim/Documents/WebalizerDocs
        >
        > shouldn't the destination directory start with a leading '/'? if it doesn't, it
        > thinks that it is relative to where it is running from...
        >
        > another thing would maybe be permissions... if that folder doesn't allow others
        > access for at least writing, you'll have problems...
        Windows 7? give the program permission to run admin.. oh sorry, using mac? tried ../Users/jim ?