Why?

  • James Coyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2009
      Why am I getting this error? I want the Webalizer files to output to my home Documents folder:

      Webalizer V2.01-10 (Darwin 10.2.0) English
      Using logfile /private/var/log/httpd/access_log (clf)
      Error: Can't change directory to Users/jim/Documents/WebalizerDocs
    • waldo kitty
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2009
        James Coyle wrote:
        > Why am I getting this error? I want the Webalizer files to output to my home Documents folder:
        >
        > Webalizer V2.01-10 (Darwin 10.2.0) English
        > Using logfile /private/var/log/httpd/access_log (clf)
        > Error: Can't change directory to Users/jim/Documents/WebalizerDocs

        shouldn't the destination directory start with a leading '/'? if it doesn't, it
        thinks that it is relative to where it is running from...

        another thing would maybe be permissions... if that folder doesn't allow others
        access for at least writing, you'll have problems...
      • DocEman
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2010
          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, waldo kitty <wkitty42@...> wrote:

          > James Coyle wrote:
          > > Why am I getting this error? I want the Webalizer files to output to my home Documents folder:
          > >
          > > Webalizer V2.01-10 (Darwin 10.2.0) English
          > > Using logfile /private/var/log/httpd/access_log (clf)
          > > Error: Can't change directory to Users/jim/Documents/WebalizerDocs
          >
          > shouldn't the destination directory start with a leading '/'? if it doesn't, it
          > thinks that it is relative to where it is running from...
          >
          > another thing would maybe be permissions... if that folder doesn't allow others
          > access for at least writing, you'll have problems...
          Windows 7? give the program permission to run admin.. oh sorry, using mac? tried ../Users/jim ?