Meaning of "kB F", "kB In" and "kB Out"

  • Leonard Will
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2008
      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "norb9999" <norb9999@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I don't understand what informations brings column kb F.
      > For example:
      >
      > Hits | Files | kB F | kB In | kB Out | Visits
      > 2657 94.32% | 2657 94.99% | 298852 99.73% | 0 0.00% | 0 0.00% | 1
      > 1.96%
      >
      > Above data is one visit, 0 kB out, 0 kB in, 2657 hits and 298852 Kb F.
      > Is this kB F column informs about FTP connections ?

      I understand from Bradford L. Barrett's response to this enquiry that
      these statistics come from an unofficial version of Webalizer on which
      he cannot comment. Nevertheless, that version seems to be widely used,
      as can be seen from a Google search for [Webalizer "kb F"], for
      example. Perhaps someone else who knows about this version can help.

      My ISP runs such a version, and I would like to be able to interpret
      the statistics, and in particular to have a definition of what data is
      shown in "kB F", "kb In" and "kB Out". What does the "F" in "kB F"
      stand for?

      There is a note from November 2006 at
      [http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=399017]showing how
      to make the "In" and "Out" statistics show, and the point was also
      discussed in this list in 2004, starting at
      [http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/webalizer/message/2792%5d. Nobody
      says what the "F" means, though, and that is bugging me. Any ideas?

      Leonard Will