Metrics changed over night.....

  • Jim Youngquist
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2008
      Running webalizer 2.20 on our Linux server. On May 28th 2008 metrics
      were similar to what they had been for 2 years: 9,000-10,000 visits
      per day, 55,000 pages. On May 29 and every day after, 3,500-3,800
      visits per day, 55,000 pages.

      Where did all my visits go?
      These metrics don't make any sense. how can I go from having 9-10k
      visits per day down to 3.5k but the pages remain the same. the files
      remained the same. the hits remained the same..... only the visits
      changed. I run a news site with over 200 new pages each day, so
      having each visitor look at 5-6 pages makes sense, but each user

      I've tried to parse the logs to find out but of course the May logs
      are gone now.
      anybody got any idea what is going on here?

      jimry