Re: [webalizer] Building webalizer 2.20 with 64bit OS

  • Ger Hobbelt
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008
      Assuming you are compiling with gcc (which is standard on OpenSuSE),
      no need to worry. on your platform C99-like u_int64_t has the same
      size as 'long long' for which the '%llu' is meant to be.

      As long as each of the warnings is about uint64_t versus %llu (or %lld
      ) you're perfectly fine.

      (Haven't compiled webalaizer for this platform myself, so I don't know
      if other warnings pop up.)

      Ger

      On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:49 AM, hansmeiserweb <hansmeiserweb@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > try to compile the new webalizer on OpenSuse 11 64bit. I think all db-
      > utils are correct installed and the binaries are created but there
      > are some suspicious messages. some examples:
      >
      > webalizer.c: In function 'main':
      > webalizer.c:741: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      > unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t
      >
      > preserve.c: In function 'get_history':
      > preserve.c:134: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      > unsigned int *', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t *'
      >
      > preserve.c: In function 'put_history':
      > preserve.c:197: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      > unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t'
      >
      > preserve.c: In function 'save_state':
      > preserve.c:366: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      > unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'
      >
      > preserve.c: In function 'restore_state':
      > preserve.c:594: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      > unsigned int *', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t *'
      >
      > output.c: In function 'month_total_table':
      > output.c:529: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
      > int', but argument 4 has type 'u_int64_t'
      >
      > output.c: In function 'daily_total_table':
      > output.c:706: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
      > int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'
      >
      > output.c: In function 'hourly_total_table':
      > output.c:798: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
      > int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'
      >
      > and some others....
      >
      > It seems that binaries are working at the moment but is this a reason
      > to worry?
      >
      > Thank You
      >
      > Hans

      Ger Hobbelt

      web: http://www.hobbelt.com/
      http://www.hebbut.net/
      mail: ger@...
      mobile: +31-6-11 120 978
    • hansmeiserweb
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Ger Hobbelt" <ger@...> wrote:

        > Assuming you are compiling with gcc (which is standard on OpenSuSE),
        > no need to worry. on your platform C99-like u_int64_t has the same
        > size as 'long long' for which the '%llu' is meant to be.
        >
        > As long as each of the warnings is about uint64_t versus %llu (or %lld
        > ) you're perfectly fine.
        >
        > (Haven't compiled webalaizer for this platform myself, so I don't know
        > if other warnings pop up.)
        >

        > Ger

        ok, thanks. i did some tests and the binaries work for now. bigger
        tests will follow later.
        Thank you
        Andre
      • Mark Ireland
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008

          Can I get webalizer to give me a throughput figure for each hour of the day?

          Thanks