RE: [webalizer] Building webalizer 2.20 with 64bit OS

  • Mark Ireland
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008
      Can I get webalizer to give me a throughput figure for each hour of the day?

      Thanks

      To: webalizer@yahoogroups.com
      From: hansmeiserweb@...
      Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 06:49:01 +0000
      Subject: [webalizer] Building webalizer 2.20 with 64bit OS

      Hi,

      try to compile the new webalizer on OpenSuse 11 64bit. I think all db-
      utils are correct installed and the binaries are created but there
      are some suspicious messages. some examples:

      webalizer.c: In function 'main':
      webalizer.c: 741: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t

      preserve.c: In function 'get_history' :
      preserve.c:134: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int *', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t *'

      preserve.c: In function 'put_history' :
      preserve.c:197: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t'

      preserve.c: In function 'save_state' :
      preserve.c:366: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'

      preserve.c: In function 'restore_state' :
      preserve.c:594: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int *', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t *'

      output.c: In function 'month_total_ table':
      output.c:529: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
      int', but argument 4 has type 'u_int64_t'

      output.c: In function 'daily_total_ table':
      output.c:706: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
      int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'

      output.c: In function 'hourly_total_ table':
      output.c:798: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
      int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'

      and some others....

      It seems that binaries are working at the moment but is this a reason
      to worry?

      Thank You

      Hans

    • Ger Hobbelt
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008
        Assuming you are compiling with gcc (which is standard on OpenSuSE),
        no need to worry. on your platform C99-like u_int64_t has the same
        size as 'long long' for which the '%llu' is meant to be.

        As long as each of the warnings is about uint64_t versus %llu (or %lld
        ) you're perfectly fine.

        (Haven't compiled webalaizer for this platform myself, so I don't know
        if other warnings pop up.)

        Ger

        On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:49 AM, hansmeiserweb <hansmeiserweb@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > try to compile the new webalizer on OpenSuse 11 64bit. I think all db-
        > utils are correct installed and the binaries are created but there
        > are some suspicious messages. some examples:
        >
        > webalizer.c: In function 'main':
        > webalizer.c:741: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
        > unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t
        >
        > preserve.c: In function 'get_history':
        > preserve.c:134: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
        > unsigned int *', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t *'
        >
        > preserve.c: In function 'put_history':
        > preserve.c:197: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
        > unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t'
        >
        > preserve.c: In function 'save_state':
        > preserve.c:366: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
        > unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'
        >
        > preserve.c: In function 'restore_state':
        > preserve.c:594: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
        > unsigned int *', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t *'
        >
        > output.c: In function 'month_total_table':
        > output.c:529: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
        > int', but argument 4 has type 'u_int64_t'
        >
        > output.c: In function 'daily_total_table':
        > output.c:706: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
        > int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'
        >
        > output.c: In function 'hourly_total_table':
        > output.c:798: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
        > int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'
        >
        > and some others....
        >
        > It seems that binaries are working at the moment but is this a reason
        > to worry?
        >
        > Thank You
        >
        > Hans

        Ger Hobbelt

        web: http://www.hobbelt.com/
        http://www.hebbut.net/
        mail: ger@...
        mobile: +31-6-11 120 978
      • hansmeiserweb
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Ger Hobbelt" <ger@...> wrote:

          > Assuming you are compiling with gcc (which is standard on OpenSuSE),
          > no need to worry. on your platform C99-like u_int64_t has the same
          > size as 'long long' for which the '%llu' is meant to be.
          >
          > As long as each of the warnings is about uint64_t versus %llu (or %lld
          > ) you're perfectly fine.
          >
          > (Haven't compiled webalaizer for this platform myself, so I don't know
          > if other warnings pop up.)
          >

          > Ger

          ok, thanks. i did some tests and the binaries work for now. bigger
          tests will follow later.
          Thank you
          Andre
        • Mark Ireland