Building webalizer 2.20 with 64bit OS

  • hansmeiserweb
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008

      try to compile the new webalizer on OpenSuse 11 64bit. I think all db-
      utils are correct installed and the binaries are created but there
      are some suspicious messages. some examples:

      webalizer.c: In function 'main':
      webalizer.c:741: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t

      preserve.c: In function 'get_history':
      preserve.c:134: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int *', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t *'

      preserve.c: In function 'put_history':
      preserve.c:197: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t'

      preserve.c: In function 'save_state':
      preserve.c:366: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'

      preserve.c: In function 'restore_state':
      preserve.c:594: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
      unsigned int *', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t *'

      output.c: In function 'month_total_table':
      output.c:529: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
      int', but argument 4 has type 'u_int64_t'

      output.c: In function 'daily_total_table':
      output.c:706: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
      int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'

      output.c: In function 'hourly_total_table':
      output.c:798: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
      int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'

      and some others....

      It seems that binaries are working at the moment but is this a reason
      to worry?

      Thank You

      Hans
    • Mark Ireland
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008
        Can I get webalizer to give me a throughput figure for each hour of the day?

        Thanks

        To: webalizer@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008
          Assuming you are compiling with gcc (which is standard on OpenSuSE),
          no need to worry. on your platform C99-like u_int64_t has the same
          size as 'long long' for which the '%llu' is meant to be.

          As long as each of the warnings is about uint64_t versus %llu (or %lld
          ) you're perfectly fine.

          (Haven't compiled webalaizer for this platform myself, so I don't know
          if other warnings pop up.)

          Ger

          On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:49 AM, hansmeiserweb <hansmeiserweb@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > try to compile the new webalizer on OpenSuse 11 64bit. I think all db-
          > utils are correct installed and the binaries are created but there
          > are some suspicious messages. some examples:
          >
          > webalizer.c: In function 'main':
          > webalizer.c:741: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
          > unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t
          >
          > preserve.c: In function 'get_history':
          > preserve.c:134: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
          > unsigned int *', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t *'
          >
          > preserve.c: In function 'put_history':
          > preserve.c:197: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
          > unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'u_int64_t'
          >
          > preserve.c: In function 'save_state':
          > preserve.c:366: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
          > unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'
          >
          > preserve.c: In function 'restore_state':
          > preserve.c:594: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long
          > unsigned int *', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t *'
          >
          > output.c: In function 'month_total_table':
          > output.c:529: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
          > int', but argument 4 has type 'u_int64_t'
          >
          > output.c: In function 'daily_total_table':
          > output.c:706: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
          > int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'
          >
          > output.c: In function 'hourly_total_table':
          > output.c:798: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned
          > int', but argument 3 has type 'u_int64_t'
          >
          > and some others....
          >
          > It seems that binaries are working at the moment but is this a reason
          > to worry?
          >
          > Thank You
          >
          > Hans

          Ger Hobbelt

          web: http://www.hobbelt.com/
          http://www.hebbut.net/
          mail: ger@...
          mobile: +31-6-11 120 978
        • hansmeiserweb
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008

            --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Ger Hobbelt" <ger@...> wrote:

            > Assuming you are compiling with gcc (which is standard on OpenSuSE),
            > no need to worry. on your platform C99-like u_int64_t has the same
            > size as 'long long' for which the '%llu' is meant to be.
            >
            > As long as each of the warnings is about uint64_t versus %llu (or %lld
            > ) you're perfectly fine.
            >
            > (Haven't compiled webalaizer for this platform myself, so I don't know
            > if other warnings pop up.)
            >

            > Ger

            ok, thanks. i did some tests and the binaries work for now. bigger
            tests will follow later.
            Thank you
            Andre
          • Mark Ireland