Re: no DNS resolve

  • antonzerty
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
      Some more info!

      I did install Berkeley DB 4.7.25 and re-run configure with the option:

      --with-dblib

      and no DNS related warnings were the case any more.

      Did 'make clean' to get rid of the previous build, re-run make and get
      the following error:

      dns_resolv.c: In function `dns_resolver':
      dns_resolv.c:199: error: too many arguments to function
      dns_resolv.c: In function `open_cache':
      dns_resolv.c:773: error: too many arguments to function
      dns_resolv.c: In function `geodb_open':
      dns_resolv.c:831: error: too many arguments to function
      make: *** [dns_resolv.o] Error 1

      Thanks for your help

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "antonzerty" <antonzerty@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for your prompt reply!
      >
      > Indeed following in in the configure.log:
      >
      > ------------------
      > configure:5606: WARNING: libdb not found.. DNS/GeoDB code disabled!
      > ------------------
      >
      > does this relate to:
      >
      > -------------------
      > For native DNS and Geolocation (GeoDB) support, the Berkeley DB
      > library (by sleepycat, now owned by Oracle) v4.1 or higher and
      > associated header file is required.
      > http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/
      > -------------------
      >
      > do I have to install that first?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > AZ
      >
      > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@> wrote:
      > >

      > > You do not need to specify --enable-dns with version 2.20, DNS support
      > > is enabled by default. Check the output from the configure script to
      > > see if any errors or warning were found which would disable it. To
      > > determine if DNS support is built into the binary, execute the
      > following:
      > >
      > > webalizer -vV
      > >
      > > and if present, you will see "DNS IPv6" listed as one of the options.
      > >
      > > --
      > >
      > > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, antonzerty wrote:
      > >
      > > > Dear group,
      > > >
      > > > I compiled (with --enable-dns) and installed current 2.20-01 source
      > > > code and when I run it, it doesn't resolve the IPs! In my conf
      file I
      > > > did include:
      > > >
      > > > dns_cache.db
      > > > DNSChildren 5
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for your kind support
      > > >
      > > > Anton

    • antonzerty
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 24, 2008
        Hi,

        any chance to have some feedback to this problem? I don't think that I
        did something wrong!

        Thanks for your valuable support

        AZ