Re: no DNS resolve

  • antonzerty
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
      Thanks for your prompt reply!

      Indeed following in in the configure.log:

      ------------------
      configure:5606: WARNING: libdb not found.. DNS/GeoDB code disabled!
      ------------------

      does this relate to:

      -------------------
      For native DNS and Geolocation (GeoDB) support, the Berkeley DB
      library (by sleepycat, now owned by Oracle) v4.1 or higher and
      associated header file is required.
      http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/
      -------------------

      do I have to install that first?

      Thanks

      AZ

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

      > You do not need to specify --enable-dns with version 2.20, DNS support
      > is enabled by default. Check the output from the configure script to
      > see if any errors or warning were found which would disable it. To
      > determine if DNS support is built into the binary, execute the
      following:

      > webalizer -vV
      >
      > and if present, you will see "DNS IPv6" listed as one of the options.
      >
      > --
      >
      > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, antonzerty wrote:
      >
      > > Dear group,
      > >
      > > I compiled (with --enable-dns) and installed current 2.20-01 source
      > > code and when I run it, it doesn't resolve the IPs! In my conf file I
      > > did include:
      > >
      > > dns_cache.db
      > > DNSChildren 5
      > >
      > > Thanks for your kind support
      > >
      > > Anton

    • antonzerty
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
        Some more info!

        I did install Berkeley DB 4.7.25 and re-run configure with the option:

        --with-dblib

        and no DNS related warnings were the case any more.

        Did 'make clean' to get rid of the previous build, re-run make and get
        the following error:

        dns_resolv.c: In function `dns_resolver':
        dns_resolv.c:199: error: too many arguments to function
        dns_resolv.c: In function `open_cache':
        dns_resolv.c:773: error: too many arguments to function
        dns_resolv.c: In function `geodb_open':
        dns_resolv.c:831: error: too many arguments to function
        make: *** [dns_resolv.o] Error 1

        Thanks for your help

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "antonzerty" <antonzerty@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for your prompt reply!
        >
        > Indeed following in in the configure.log:
        >
        > ------------------
        > configure:5606: WARNING: libdb not found.. DNS/GeoDB code disabled!
        > ------------------
        >
        > does this relate to:
        >
        > -------------------
        > For native DNS and Geolocation (GeoDB) support, the Berkeley DB
        > library (by sleepycat, now owned by Oracle) v4.1 or higher and
        > associated header file is required.
        > http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/
        > -------------------
        >
        > do I have to install that first?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > AZ
        >
        > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@> wrote:
        > >

        > > You do not need to specify --enable-dns with version 2.20, DNS support
        > > is enabled by default. Check the output from the configure script to
        > > see if any errors or warning were found which would disable it. To
        > > determine if DNS support is built into the binary, execute the
        > following:
        > >
        > > webalizer -vV
        > >
        > > and if present, you will see "DNS IPv6" listed as one of the options.
        > >
        > > --
        > >
        > > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, antonzerty wrote:
        > >
        > > > Dear group,
        > > >
        > > > I compiled (with --enable-dns) and installed current 2.20-01 source
        > > > code and when I run it, it doesn't resolve the IPs! In my conf
        file I
        > > > did include:
        > > >
        > > > dns_cache.db
        > > > DNSChildren 5
        > > >
        > > > Thanks for your kind support
        > > >
        > > > Anton

      • antonzerty
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 24, 2008

          any chance to have some feedback to this problem? I don't think that I
          did something wrong!

          Thanks for your valuable support

          AZ