Re: [webalizer] no DNS resolve

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2008
      You do not need to specify --enable-dns with version 2.20, DNS support
      is enabled by default. Check the output from the configure script to
      see if any errors or warning were found which would disable it. To
      determine if DNS support is built into the binary, execute the following:

      webalizer -vV

      and if present, you will see "DNS IPv6" listed as one of the options.

      --

      On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, antonzerty wrote:

      > Dear group,
      >
      > I compiled (with --enable-dns) and installed current 2.20-01 source
      > code and when I run it, it doesn't resolve the IPs! In my conf file I
      > did include:
      >
      > dns_cache.db
      > DNSChildren 5
      >
      > Thanks for your kind support
      >
      > Anton

    • antonzerty
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
        Thanks for your prompt reply!

        Indeed following in in the configure.log:

        ------------------
        configure:5606: WARNING: libdb not found.. DNS/GeoDB code disabled!
        ------------------

        does this relate to:

        -------------------
        For native DNS and Geolocation (GeoDB) support, the Berkeley DB
        library (by sleepycat, now owned by Oracle) v4.1 or higher and
        associated header file is required.
        http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/
        -------------------

        do I have to install that first?

        Thanks

        AZ

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

        > You do not need to specify --enable-dns with version 2.20, DNS support
        > is enabled by default. Check the output from the configure script to
        > see if any errors or warning were found which would disable it. To
        > determine if DNS support is built into the binary, execute the
        following:

        > webalizer -vV
        >
        > and if present, you will see "DNS IPv6" listed as one of the options.
        >
        > --
        >
        > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, antonzerty wrote:
        >
        > > Dear group,
        > >
        > > I compiled (with --enable-dns) and installed current 2.20-01 source
        > > code and when I run it, it doesn't resolve the IPs! In my conf file I
        > > did include:
        > >
        > > dns_cache.db
        > > DNSChildren 5
        > >
        > > Thanks for your kind support
        > >
        > > Anton

      • antonzerty
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
          Some more info!

          I did install Berkeley DB 4.7.25 and re-run configure with the option:

          --with-dblib

          and no DNS related warnings were the case any more.

          Did 'make clean' to get rid of the previous build, re-run make and get
          the following error:

          dns_resolv.c: In function `dns_resolver':
          dns_resolv.c:199: error: too many arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c: In function `open_cache':
          dns_resolv.c:773: error: too many arguments to function
          dns_resolv.c: In function `geodb_open':
          dns_resolv.c:831: error: too many arguments to function
          make: *** [dns_resolv.o] Error 1

          Thanks for your help

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "antonzerty" <antonzerty@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for your prompt reply!
          >
          > Indeed following in in the configure.log:
          >
          > ------------------
          > configure:5606: WARNING: libdb not found.. DNS/GeoDB code disabled!
          > ------------------
          >
          > does this relate to:
          >
          > -------------------
          > For native DNS and Geolocation (GeoDB) support, the Berkeley DB
          > library (by sleepycat, now owned by Oracle) v4.1 or higher and
          > associated header file is required.
          > http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/
          > -------------------
          >
          > do I have to install that first?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > AZ
          >
          > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@> wrote:
          > >

          > > You do not need to specify --enable-dns with version 2.20, DNS support
          > > is enabled by default. Check the output from the configure script to
          > > see if any errors or warning were found which would disable it. To
          > > determine if DNS support is built into the binary, execute the
          > following:
          > >
          > > webalizer -vV
          > >
          > > and if present, you will see "DNS IPv6" listed as one of the options.
          > >
          > > --
          > >
          > > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, antonzerty wrote:
          > >
          > > > Dear group,
          > > >
          > > > I compiled (with --enable-dns) and installed current 2.20-01 source
          > > > code and when I run it, it doesn't resolve the IPs! In my conf
          file I
          > > > did include:
          > > >
          > > > dns_cache.db
          > > > DNSChildren 5
          > > >
          > > > Thanks for your kind support
          > > >
          > > > Anton

        • antonzerty
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 24, 2008

            any chance to have some feedback to this problem? I don't think that I
            did something wrong!

            Thanks for your valuable support

            AZ