Re: [webalizer] few questions

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
      > I don't understand what informations brings column kb F.

      Sorry, The webalizer does not provide the column you describe.. you are
      using a modified version, not the official one.

    • Leonard Will
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2008
        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "norb9999" <norb9999@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I don't understand what informations brings column kb F.
        > For example:
        >
        > Hits | Files | kB F | kB In | kB Out | Visits
        > 2657 94.32% | 2657 94.99% | 298852 99.73% | 0 0.00% | 0 0.00% | 1
        > 1.96%
        >
        > Above data is one visit, 0 kB out, 0 kB in, 2657 hits and 298852 Kb F.
        > Is this kB F column informs about FTP connections ?

        I understand from Bradford L. Barrett's response to this enquiry that
        these statistics come from an unofficial version of Webalizer on which
        he cannot comment. Nevertheless, that version seems to be widely used,
        as can be seen from a Google search for [Webalizer "kb F"], for
        example. Perhaps someone else who knows about this version can help.

        My ISP runs such a version, and I would like to be able to interpret
        the statistics, and in particular to have a definition of what data is
        shown in "kB F", "kb In" and "kB Out". What does the "F" in "kB F"
        stand for?

        There is a note from November 2006 at
        [http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=399017]showing how
        to make the "In" and "Out" statistics show, and the point was also
        discussed in this list in 2004, starting at
        [http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/webalizer/message/2792%5d. Nobody
        says what the "F" means, though, and that is bugging me. Any ideas?

        Leonard Will