ie agent patch

  • Joshua Daniel Franklin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
      Attached (txt and .patch) is a very small patch for the MSIE-specific portion of agent_mangle. This is the low-hanging fruit of the code which fixes the OS detection of IE for us, based on our 955,000 records from last month. Here are the before and after runs of webalizer with MangleAgent 1:

      http://da.biostr.washington.edu/before/usage_200808.html#TOPAGENTS

      http://da.biostr.washington.edu/after/usage_200808.html#TOPAGENTS

      Ideally I will also come up with code to separate out Firefox 2 and 3, Safari versions, Chrome, etc. running on different OSes.

      I believe this code should be backward compatible but I have not tested it with Really Old Logs.
    • Mark Ireland
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2008
        Can I get Webalizer to show 'throughput'?

        That is, number of requests and megabytes per hour?

        Thanks

        Sell your car for just $40 at CarPoint.com.au It's simple!
      • Joshua Daniel Franklin
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2008
          Bradford,

          I don't know if my previous message with the patch (maybe
          it was flagged as spam), or maybe you're on vacation. In
          any case thanks for your software, and if you get the
          chance to look at the code I'd be happy to discuss it.
          If I understand webalizer correctly, this is the only way
          forward to get agent/OS rankings in one webalizer run.

          Thanks,
          Joshua